Hi everyone,

When I am writting an sms in my N900 I usually use the virtual keyboard and it works fine BUT if I exit from the virtual keyboard and then I decide to enter again to edit the message, it mix the changes I do in the text when I exit from the edit screen.
I suppose this is a bug (I updated to the lastest version but that did not fix the problem), and it is very annoying!! I have to delete all the text and start again because any attempt to fix it gets worse

Thanks in advance and hope you understand my english! X)

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
It's a bug in the virtual keyboard. To reproduce it is easy enough.

Start a new SMS, with the virtual keyboard type in "the quick brown fox" then double tap on "brown" and hit delete. Go back to your SMS screen and it'll say "the quick brow"

To avoid this bug, instead of double tapping on words to highlight and subsequently delete, just tap and position the cursor wherever the error ends and use the delete key to erase each letter in turn until it is gone.

In short, no double tapping to erase words and you'll get along just fine with the virtual keyboard : )

Annoying? Absolutely.

Last edited by dchky; 2011-01-17 at 15:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Another bug is message times, for example
i send a message at 12:30
They reply a minute later but it says 12:29
i reply instantly and it says 12:31
they reply instantly and it says 12:30

is there a way to fix this?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Finally, someone else is experiencing this as well than me. If this is indeed bug in the vkb (virtual keyboard) has it been reported to the bugs.maemo.org? The closest one that I could find was this (which I voted for):

Bug 11444 : Virtual keyboard messes up text in Email

yes, i think this is an important bug that should be fixed right away. I was quite sure that it would disappear when I updated to the lastest version but it didn't..

Thanks dhcky, now that I know when it fails, it will be easier to avoid it : )

There is a worse bug with message times, I do not know why but sometimes when I send a message, the timestamp is 01/12/1999 01:00