Notices

n900 internet radio keeps chaging at every minor streaming interruption making un-usable and saying is frustating is an understatement, so instead i have to get out my old n95 to listen to online internet, i got to say the n95 sound is also 10x better then n900...

another problem is the camera, absolutly crap when compared to n95

i still like the phone but it cannot beat the n95 in these 2 disaster areas.

or is it the lack of decent apps in this area?

Last edited by windows7; 2010-05-16 at 12:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
n900 internet radio keeps chaging at every minor streaming interruption making un-usable and saying is frustating is an understatement, so instead i have to get out my old n95 to listen to online internet, i got to say the n95 sound is also 10x better then n900...

another problem is the camera, absolutly crap when compared to n95

i still like the phone but it cannot beat the n95 in these 2 disaster areas.

or is it the lack of decent apps in this area?
Your thread title is a question, but your post is not. If you have a specific problem you want help with, please ask it - otherwise, I call troll.

Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Your thread title is a question, but your post is not. If you have a specific problem you want help with, please ask it - otherwise, I call troll.
I have to agree... but in the end of the day I have asked for help in these areas before and got nowhere, the bottom line is that the n900 internet radio feature, the sound quality and the camera are 100 steps backwords from the n95 (un-usable/****)... and these were the features i most used in my N95

if by any chance you are using internet radio on wifi, change the properties of the wifi connection in the configuration tab, so that it doesnt maximize energy saving

I find internet radio streaming is worse on the N900 simply because I can't stream .asx or .rm files at all. On my N85, I would use Coreplayer to stream radio stations which used .asx off wifi. Unfortunately for the N900, no such app exists

Originally Posted by jerro1 View Post
I find internet radio streaming is worse on the N900 simply because I can't stream .asx or .rm files at all. On my N85, I would use Coreplayer to stream radio stations which used .asx off wifi. Unfortunately for the N900, no such app exists
So write them and ask them to port it. If they have one for the N85 then perhaps its not a tough port. I personally wouldnt mind seeing it as I used it extensively on my winmo phones.

That being said I have no issues streaming radio.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

how does one erase stations from the list??

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
how does one erase stations from the list??
Hold your finger on top the station for a couple of seconds and you get delete and edit option.

Yo escucho radio online desde internet sin problemas pero recomiendo no utilizar internet explorer. usen chrome o firefox para eso porque ie se bloquea mucho.

My main problem with streaming radio is that the media player seldom updates the artist/song info while playing. I have to pause and restart the stream if I want to know that info. Very annoying.