Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Hi all,

I remember many months ago the n900 had issues with bluetooth keyboards and compatibility... Has anything changed?

Can anyone recommend a good folding BT keyboard? I want to pull it out in class and edit word and powerpoint documents...

Asuming I purchase the appropriate documents software, is this possible?

Thank you.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
I've been using iGo Ultra-Slim stowaway BT keyboard for years now, and I love it! It folds into a very neat package and is big enough to type comfortably. I don't know about compatibility issues, because I'm using a N800, but I highly recommend the keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to Naranek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
I've been using iGo Ultra-Slim stowaway BT keyboard for years now, and I love it! It folds into a very neat package and is big enough to type comfortably. I don't know about compatibility issues, because I'm using a N800, but I highly recommend the keyboard.
Thank you.

Bump.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Unfortunately, working well with the N800 doesn't indicate anything about the N900. Even the estimable Qole mentioned somewhere that he had quite a tussle getting his N900 working with a BT keyboard. It has been done, but it's not easy, apparently. There's a big thread on the subject somewhere.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Unfortunately, working well with the N800 doesn't indicate anything about the N900. Even the estimable Qole mentioned somewhere that he had quite a tussle getting his N900 working with a BT keyboard. It has been done, but it's not easy, apparently. There's a big thread on the subject somewhere.
I will look for the thread.

Anyone else tried this?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I've got the iGo Ultra-slim stowaway keyboard and it works great apart from the fact I can't use some punctuation keys (but I've not really looked into this) and the fact it can take a few connection attempts to get it working; this normally involves deleting the bluetooth profile and re-pairing.

Keyboard when folded out is the same size as my netbook, and they keys are fab!
Really easy to type on.

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
I've got the iGo Ultra-slim stowaway keyboard and it works great apart from the fact I can't use some punctuation keys (but I've not really looked into this) and the fact it can take a few connection attempts to get it working; this normally involves deleting the bluetooth profile and re-pairing.

Keyboard when folded out is the same size as my netbook, and they keys are fab!
Really easy to type on.
I've got a Palm BT KB, and the whole "it can take a few connection attempts to get it working; this normally involves deleting the bluetooth profile and re-pairing" has soured me on trying to use bluetooth keyboards with the n900.

What I would like would be a foldable plastic keyboard without BT.

I'searching for a keyboard that you put on the hardware keyboard. It would manually hit the hardware keyboard of the n900