Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
hi gents/ladies
im having serious issues with my n900, it wont turn on, wel it does but it dosnt get past the nokia logo...
ive tried to flash, isearched and read others with similar problems.. but i keep getting the suitable usb device not found... ive disabled driver checks.. shortened file name.. but still the same problem... ive used windows7 and vista no luck.. its bugging me now... i need my phone..
any suggestions?

no know what to do?

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
not enough information..

take the battery out
wait 2 mins
put battery back in
turn on

then what?

vibrates?
screen lights up?
nokia logo appears?
stays at nokia logo for how long?
does it shut down by itself?

sori for not being clear...
ok
after inserting battery and turning on, it initially vibrates (for split second) then the white screen with blue nokia appears for maybe 4-5 seconds, it then starts to show 5 white dots flashing in sequence (in middle of screen) for a couple of seconds, then the screen goes black for 15 seconds and then it switches off, whilst this is happening there is a blue/white led on(in bottom left corner)

also if i plug it in to the mains charger, a dim nokia logo appears, then the screen goes black, and then it switches of.. and repeats this cycle over and over again...
thanks

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by GAFFY View Post
hi gents/ladies
im having serious issues with my n900, it wont turn on, wel it does but it dosnt get past the nokia logo...
ive tried to flash, isearched and read others with similar problems.. but i keep getting the suitable usb device not found... ive disabled driver checks.. shortened file name.. but still the same problem... ive used windows7 and vista no luck.. its bugging me now... i need my phone..
any suggestions?
u wont be able to flash if u r using a 64-bit version of both

would this be the reason why its telling me it cantt find suitable usb device?
ive read on here you can but you need to dissable driver? (f8 on boot up)

okay im going to download the ubantu livecd and attempt it that way

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pakistan
yup thats why it does not detect a suitable usb device. u can do it in XP mode too(using virtual PC). i had the exact same problem when i tried to flash mine on a 64-bit Vista. luckily i also had a 32-bit Win7 on which it flashes like a charm.

okay il try the windows xp first, i have it on my old pc, i believe its a 32bit version will check

guys thanks its back on now, i tried for hours with 64bit, it wasnt having it, but xp 32bit works perfectly.
again thanks