Active Topics

I just got my mugen today and like the new feel (much better for typing) quite a bit. My only question is am I getting an accurate battery reading and if not what can I install to ensure that I do? I have advanced-power and advanced-power-monitor running and I am assuming the reading I get from the status menu is from advanced power, not the stock nokia power monitor.

Also I was hoping someone could let me know what time left really means under battery on the status menu. For instance now the battery reading says I am at 41% and time left 2:00/89:00. Obvoiusly that can't mean two hours and eighty nine minutes right?

Thank you for reading.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
It means 2 hours under heavy load or 89 hours idle. But I wouldn't put too much confidence in those, they are just estimates.

Thanks, now I also wonder if this is taking those numbers off the new battery or treating it like i have the old battery in?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
The phone will always display about 1222 mAh max. as far as I know no matter what kind of battery you/ve put in.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
the mAh reading is based on a resistor in the battery's circuit

but if you want better reading try my QBW battery meter
on request i can make it display mAh instead of %

thanks all first off

where can I try qbw or if in a repo what is it's full name?

does advanced power monitor monitor at least give a semi accurate percent left reading for mugen?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
none of the power monitors you can download will give the right result since they basically take the info the phone gives

my QBW widget is in my battery thread.

Note just updated it to version 1.5, if you want a mAh display it can be done

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-02-18 at 22:51.