Hi,

When i receive a new mail, im not getting any sort of notification. But the mail got delivered to my inbox, its there but is there any setting for email notification like "1 mail received"?

Thanks
Sam

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
You can configure enable notifications in modest preferences.

Then, n900 will notify about new mail in the same way as it notifies about new sms or chat messages.

However, I had to disable that because notifications that happen when spam arrives made me angry.

Originally Posted by yoush View Post
You can configure enable notifications in modest preferences.

Then, n900 will notify about new mail in the same way as it notifies about new sms or chat messages.

However, I had to disable that because notifications that happen when spam arrives made me angry.
hi,

it says For Nokia N900, Modest is preinstalled, it is the default mail application.

but there is an option to show notification but its not working. can you pls tel me the steps to enable this notification like new sms notification?

Thanks
Sam

E-mail -> Settings - > Incoming notifications (check)

This should be on by default. Have you tried clearing all the unread messages in your inbox?

Cheers,
Fred

E-mail - Settings - Incoming notifications

oops. someone has posted faster than me. shitty connection to blame then

Last edited by figaro; 2011-05-02 at 03:14.

Its already checked. Im using IMAP4 option. and i couldn't separate New and Read emails. No differences in appearance. Even though its checked im not getting notification. Every 60min it will check for new mail and retrieves without any notification.

Any idea to overcome this issue?

did you also sync your mail to another mail client?

once a mail marked being read on another mail client using IMAP (or even using web), then even though Modest (using IMAP) would download the email, it won't notify you as it's already marked as read. CMIIW

ya i think so. im using outlook also. now the problem is with the SMS like notification..

the notification will only triggered if there's:
1. unread mail using IMAP
2. new mail (both marked as read or unread) using POP

so it's your choice then

unless you want to contact MAG (who made a patch for modest CSSU) to change this behavior. so it will still send notification on new mail (though already marked as read) using IMAP

thanks guys. i will give it a try