Notices

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
I almost have my wife talked into using the N900 as her next phone/MP3 player. If she can find audio mixing software (something like the Windows DJ Mix Master, or similar), that will clinch the deal.

What is available for the NIT? If nothing, what size bounty would it take to get the most user-friendly linux app ported/customized for the N900? And how long would something like that take? Is there a lot of community interest in this?

It's minor, but she really wants 60 GB storage. Anyone know if microSD cards will be available in 32 GB soon, and would they work in an N900? (The N900 has more storage than any other phone, right? 48 GB should be enough for a while.)

Last edited by MountainX; 2009-09-20 at 18:41.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South east, UK
Id be interested in this too, would be nice to experement with tunes for my mixes on the go.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
(The N900 has more storage than any other phone, right? 48 GB should be enough for a while.)
I'm not an iPhone fan, but as a point of fact there are 32 GB and 64 GB iPhones now. Of course, they don't have card slots so aren't expandable.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I'm not an iPhone fan, but as a point of fact there are 32 GB and 64 GB iPhones now. Of course, they don't have card slots so aren't expandable.
32 GB iPhone is the largest. However, there is a 64 GB iPod touch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayBomb999 For This Useful Post:
maemo ? well there is tabletDJ (mixx) but I think it didn't and wont get any where in developing
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/tabletdj/

and seriously your wife won't be able to do much PRO work through tablet even if it was ported as is (many options to be fitted within 800x480) and separating all these options into many windows won't give be a pleasure for the end user.

Also, check this out (15 programs)
http://www.linux-sound.org/ddj.html with exception to UltraMixer which you will need to buy & get it working through java (easydebian?) add to that (kaffe? or GNU Compiler for the Java? and similar)

Anyway like I stated before, I think the only problem is on the GUI part.

Bounty would help (The higher the better).

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by f(x) View Post
and seriously your wife won't be able to do much PRO work through tablet even if it was ported as is (many options to be fitted within 800x480) and separating all these options into many windows won't give be a pleasure for the end user.
My wife isn't looking for any PRO functionality. She said she likes the Windows app she uses now because it is very simple and easy to use. That's all she's looking for.

Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
32 GB iPhone is the largest. However, there is a 64 GB iPod touch.
And now I just found this: http://iphone.mixdeck.com/

So my goal was to get my wife to use the Nokia N900, but it sounds like the facts could convince her to go with the iPhone (or IPod Touch). Not what I wanted

Last edited by MountainX; 2009-09-20 at 22:41.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South east, UK
That i phone app is not as good as it looks its just a gimik with only one table. would be nice if some one could mimic the functionality of the pacemaker on the n900, my friend had one it's good fun.
http://www.pacemaker.net/

Last edited by sk299; 2009-09-20 at 22:58.

Perhaps I'm about to demonstrate how lame and un-hip I am, but... I really don't get it. What would such an application be used for? An impromptu rave or just personal amusement on the toilet, etc?

Why exactly would someone need or want this on a mobile phone?

Please enlighten me because my interest is peaked.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayBomb999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i can understand why people would want it as an after thought but cant understand why it would make or break the decision of getting a new cell device

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post: