Notices

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I recently got a copy of Tron 2.0 for my PC, and have become disgustingly addicted to it. I know there's SEVERAL quality Lightcycle copies out there, for every OS on the planet, and I was hoping that someone either already had, or was working to bring Tron's Lightcycles to the Tablet?

The controls are there, you really only need a d-pad for the whole thing, and online/bluetooth multiplayer would be the $hit. Anyone up for it?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Erie, PA, USA
i second the motion...

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Armagetron. Open source. Ported to lots of things already. Get to work.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
You can play TRON in xmame, and KDE has ktron

EDIT
and now that you mention it, it is quite addicting
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-02-02 at 02:03.

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Armagetron. Open source. Ported to lots of things already. Get to work.
Does that mean you will port it then, eh?

I agree. Armagetron must be ported to maemo. But I don't know how difficult it would be. So, I'm not really asking, but dreaming.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Forget about straight ports of Opengl games like armagetron.

NeoStrider has been working on a tron game and 3d engine for it for a long time. They are called 'bzk' and 'angstron'.

It's poking along at 2-3 fps right now though, and the camera view makes it hard to play. In my opinion, he should rearrange some priorities to produce a playable Tron game in 2008. Implement pixel doubling. Discard texture mapping. Could easily get up to 12+ fps that way. Then he could work on camera movement and gameplay and have a decently little Tron clone.

There are a number of 2D tron clones that would work though.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
Does that mean you will port it then, eh?
I'd love to except that I cannot code my way out of a wet paper bag.
Unless the bag understands sed/awk. I can do sed/awk!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
I'd love to except that I cannot code my way out of a wet paper bag.
Unless the bag understands sed/awk. I can do sed/awk!
This is the one I always use to get out of a paper bag. Those things can be quite troublesome, especially if you have nothing to wet it down with.

echo "wet down bag" | awk -F "down" '{print $2}' | sed 's/bag/rip bag/' | sed 's/rip/run out of/'

darn paper bags!!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: