The new controller is a brillant idea. No need to sit in front of the tv all the time when playing. At the same time better graphics and controls than any mobile solution out there. I'm sold.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
It's certainly very interesting. For me it looks like one those things that has to tried before making an judgement.

Only negative thing from first impressions is that multiplatform games from 3rd party developers are propably not going to make much use of it. The usual Lowest Common Denominator -problem. Still, Nintendo's own 1st party games are propably going to brilliant.

I'm sure developers will love it. It will be a blessing for console multiplayer gaming. No need to stare at your quarter of the screen anymore.

I really want to know the real aspects for the Wii U, not the leaked ones, and the price of course, anyway, like a year and a half to get in the market (as far i know).

And the controller, seems to be cool, but need to know how works with the TV.

Grettings.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2011-06-07 at 19:27.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
german article about the new U

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...U-1256963.html

very nice

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I am too sold on the "remote TV" idea, however, I have to wonder if it's still too early and too expensive tech-wise, and there are a lot of questions to be answered
- Range?
- Battery life?
- More than one controller with a single WiiU?
- Is the Wiipad really absolutely useless without the WiiU? With a 6'' screen it's already the best "portable" bed-time console ever made. If it has DS-like performance by itself I hope to be able to use it.

Also: I clearly remember a Meego demo about having the "tablet" content shared to the big TV screen. I wonder if the Wii U will get there first.

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-06-07 at 22:35.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I am too sold on the "remote TV" idea, however, I have to wonder if it's still too early and too expensive tech-wise, and there are a lot of questions to be answered
- Range?
- Battery life?
- More than one controller with a single WiiU?
- Is the Wiipad really absolutely useless without the WiiU? With a 6'' screen it's already the best "portable" bed-time console ever made. If it has DS-like performance by itself I hope to be able to use it.

Also: I clearly remember a Meego demo about having the "tablet" content shared to the big TV screen. I wonder if the Wii U will get there first.
they confirmed that both hardware and software will be backward compatible, so you can use the regular Wiimote or classic controller if you so choose.

as a longtime nintendo fan, i am hoping that they will blow up the market again like they did with the Wii. oh and zelda skyward sword looks freaking amazing

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Anyway I'm convinced that some talented hackers will find a way to install other OSes on this new controller. Nintendo I LOVE YOU.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
awesome idea, love the concept and it gets what wii was missing better graphics which i love to see !
i will start saving for it=)

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
german article about the new U

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...U-1256963.html

very nice
Thanks, I ran that though Google translate and it helpfully translated 12cm to 12inchs (don't you just love machine translations ) and I thought WTF a new 12-inch disc format, is it going to be like a DVD version of the laser-disc, then I checked the original.

It looks really interesting, but I can't imagine that controller being cheap, how will multiplayer games work? Will they require one of those new controllers for each player?