hey everyone, i don't understand somthing, i use gprs on my phone the N900, the widgets work but the built in browser doesn't load any websites? what's wrong here? what do i do? do i upgrade the browser, download another one?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Have you tried to restart your phone? That usually helps to solve those kind of problems.

yes i have tried that many times, but nothing, it's the same.. now what do i do?

oh yeah, only the foreca weather widget works, not even the email client... i am in pakistan using warid telecom, so thats that, the widget works, i tried asking the service they said i should change the browser and see... i thought asking you guys, you guys seem more reliable

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Have u taken a basic internet plan from ur operator or an advanced internet pack??

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
can you ping yahoo or any site from the command prompt? if you cannot then it means there is no way you can connect to net. check with your service provider, might be a dns issue or something. try changing your /etc/resolv.conf to point to the opendns or google dns and see if it makes any difference.

funkmunk, thank you for replying, you guys really do help, i knew i could reply on you people, well it's just simple gprs, that i can connect to through the network, the widget updates but the browser only works with Wifi.

mehulrajput- dude thanks again, but whatever you said went through my hair, i am new to maemo and still learning, how should i ping, i don't know how to, how can i redirect the browser settings to connect through gprs? will installing a new browser resolve this or not?

hello everyone, i am new to the N900, the issue is, amongst others, is that i cannot get the browser to work with the gprs connection of my network, the foreca weather widget works and updates with it, but the browser won't work, i installed the opera browser through wlan even that didn't work, but the browser works on wifi. what is going on here? why can't the browser work with the gprs, i asked the network, everything's good on their end, tried asking here before but hardly anyone replied with a meaningful reply. what needs to be done here? is there some setting within the browser that i should see? something linked to the xterminal? please help

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
The only thing I can think of is if you have a poor gprs connection, the browser times out. This happens a lot where I am. Have you tried it on a 3g network?

yes i have, my network won't come up if i switched on the 3g, now what? it's working fine on my N97 mini though... is there anything i can do about this?

Tags
hysteria, omfghelp, panic on the..., street of maemo