Notices

I looked around but couldn't find the answer for this,
Is there anyway to sync all private data from firefox in your PC to MicroB?
i.e : passwords, bookmarks
I don't want to use firefox maemo cause it's still not as good as MicroB..
thanks

Anyone? IIRC MicroB is also based on firefox right?
Do they share the same database type?

Not exactly. microB is based on gecko engine, and - possibly - older builds of Firefox, with some patches by Nokians. Thats why *some* addonds may be - with much work - made to work with microB, like addblock was.

Ho ever, it's *not* firefox, and it's not compatible with firefox builds. Also, it's *not* Open source (microB), so we can't upgrade it.

If anyone feels adventurous, got infinite ammount of free time, and is sure she/he can handle everything, that one may try creating Open Source Micro Browser for N900, based on new firefox source code
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I have a problem to install other addons too like greasemonkey (neither from the repositories nor from xpi) which others have reported working. Sync does the same thing, installs and then after restart it's nowhere to be found. I was wondering if I installed it on a desktop firefox 3.5 and moved the whole addons folder to the N900 if it would work.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Not exactly. microB is based on gecko engine, and - possibly - older builds of Firefox, with some patches by Nokians. Thats why *some* addonds may be - with much work - made to work with microB, like addblock was.

Ho ever, it's *not* firefox, and it's not compatible with firefox builds. Also, it's *not* Open source (microB), so we can't upgrade it.

If anyone feels adventurous, got infinite ammount of free time, and is sure she/he can handle everything, that one may try creating Open Source Micro Browser for N900, based on new firefox source code
I see.. Oh well guess for now i have to enter it manually

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
Originally Posted by shuraizo View Post
Is there anyway to sync all private data from firefox in your PC to MicroB?
i.e : passwords, bookmarks
You can sync the bookmarks with Ovi Suite, but not passwords, history, etc.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
On iOS, they have "firefox home", I think it's a good intermediate between firefox and microb : you can view/launch your synced bookmarks and your opened tabs from other synced computer.

But no password synchronization :/

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You can also use the Xmarks extension on your desktop firefox; then open the page of Xmarks mobile on Microb. But, as previously stated, no passwords.

I seem to remind from these forums, though, that someone got good results in copying the passwords file from his desktop install of firefox to the same place for microb.

Well, here it is: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45863

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
LastPass' (the company thjat bought Xmarks) extension supports Fennec, but as all mobile ("non-desktop") versions of the extension are only enabled when using a premium account, it will cost you a bit per year.