Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Just wanted to ask others who have updated via Nokia Updater!

When i first opened the software it said the update was 1.1GB, i started to update but was reading the bit before saying you would lose everything including photos etc? So assumed it may blank the 64GB storage. I cancelled it, copied my back up files and pictures from the phone and went in to update again.

This time it says the update is 1.0GB? I did it anyway! After this (very quick!!!) the phone rebooted in Danish! I disconnected and pulled the Sim out put back in still in Danish (Denmark Model).

Changed the language back manually and went to restore back up which was still there along with all the content on my mass storage.

The phone said i need to disconnect from the computer which i had! So plugged it back in again and removed, this fixed the problem! I restored the back up.

Most of my content was back minus contact photos (which i had manually added, and the apps.

I went through the list in reinstall the apps. Most of these failed so had a second window open to have a search in the Nokia Store! I have now got most of them back but had to find new photos for my contacts!

Anyone have any idea why the thumbnails for contacts had gone? I used screenshot mee to get photos from facebook, went into them to draw a box and save, i then deleted the photo from my gallery. Could this be why? Does the phone not save the image separately to the image in the gallery? are they still linked when restoring a back up?

Hopefully i'll be able to do a OTA back up next time, but at least its very quick using updater and clean!

thanks for any replys, was interested to see how other people have got on using this method!