Hi,

As it says in the title does my updater not work properly. It cannot find either the big software update from Nokia, nor ordinary app updates, and its a bit annoying. Every time I search for new updates, it just says "device is up to date" even know I know there are pleanty of app updates. I have updatet from Nokia Software Updater instead now, because I was tired of waiting.
Do any of you have an idea what the problem could be, and how to solve it. I tried writing to Nokia, but they couldn't give me an answers.

Cheers, Pepst

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
This has been mentioned before and yes it is a PAIN. I get update notifications now but I didnt for a while a week or 2 ago...

Ok, I couldn't find anything about it. Did you do something, or did it happen automaticaly?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i did nothing, but i have flashed about 100 times in the last fortnight

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I think this is "normal" unfortunately. The software updater panel only sees Store-app updates if you go to the personal downloads list in the Store, by which time you've seen the updates yourself anyway. It won't find updates if you explicitly ask it to search. I can only assume this oversight will be fixed on a later PR update.

And I'm assuming that you're not seeing the PR1.1 update because it's not live in your area (are there still places where it's not live?) - what's your product code (printed on the sim card holder)?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^Yes he won't get the OTA or be able to update via NS/NSU, if the fw with his product code isn't showing-up in navifirm.
And yes there's still many regions or carriers within regions, whose fw's are not yet in navifirm.

@OP.....
Search bug-tracker, i vaguely recall reading of this reported & fixed for PR1.2.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-16 at 15:46.

So I've (we've) just have to wait and hope that it will be fixed in the next update? Thats a bummer
I've updated through the Nokia Software Updater, so i use PR 1.1. I was able to see that the software update was availible for me through the nokia website.
Tanks for the replies

The Following User Says Thank You to pepst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Just to follow this up - looks like the Store updates issue will be fixed in PR1.2:
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^that's the one I was talking about, thanks for linking it.

So it seems that Nokia haven't solved the problem with my update notifications in pr 1.2.
Has anybody found a way to fix this yet, or do I still need to wait for a software update to fix this. It is driving me mad

Update: it seems tha pr 1.2 has fixed it anyway! It suddenly said I had 3 new updates for my apps. Yay

Last edited by pepst; 2012-03-06 at 16:05.