I did something reeeeeeeal stupid by mistake, & thats
apt-get remove osso-icons-default

thinking it was just an icon pack & i just needed to free up some opt space

but as i noticed the x-terminal saying things like:
removing nokia-messaging
removing internet-i-duno-what
etc

i realized it was something in the system & closed the x-terminal immediately

but now its too late, many of the main applications of my N900 aren't there anymore, it was going 2 be okay if i at least could connect to WLAN & then work my way by
apt-get --reinstall install osso-icons-default
right?

but i can't even connect to the internet !

my request is, can anyone tell me or give me the .deb file (is it .deb? i don't know what the extension of this really is)

i need to install it, i don't want to reflash because i cant even get to the settings to do any backup for anything

pleeeease help me out : (

if the osso-icons-default isn't available can you at least provide me with the .deb file that installs the files that will enable me 2 connect to WLAN

waiting for anyone's help and thanks in advance

Last edited by FLAMER; 2011-12-29 at 02:10.

haha aaaaah man now its totally tooootally screwed up

it restarted all of a sudden when i tried restoring the backup using CleaN900 & now it won't even boot !

what a hard luck.. is there anyway i could get the files out of it before it gets reflashed?

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
you could try flashing just the combined image first without doing the emmc and you should be able to save what is stored in my docs.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
The first step would be to just flash the kernel from the image to get it working again. The symtoms you were describing, might just indicate a kernel corruption. Here is how to flash just the kernel: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rt_topic.21.29
This is part of the wiki page about flashing the firmware http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware