Hello All

I have had my n900 for just under a year now and its has been the best gadget i have ever had. not only is a great phone/linux box but the community here is so great that every problem i have experienced thus far has been easy and quick to fix as well as trying out other interesting projects.....
i just cant find any help on one thing. I trade forex and i cant find any app to support this. i may be able to use nitdroid and an app from andriod to do this but then i lose out on 3g....
can you guys help me in any way?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
yea i'm looking for too. if guys know from where we can install forex trade terminal or something look like this, please post here. yea in android there is some mobile app of PC forex trade terminal... but i know also that our nokia n900 we can use IN DUAL MODE maemo and android OS (in youtube there is movie about it), so with Android in nokia n900 we can download and install mobile forex app.

any other ideas guys?

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
usually, such apps are developed and maintained by the trading platform providers, I doubt if they will build any such application for Maemo5. These are usually 'high speed' trading apps and most likely will not be supported by them if you build your own.

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
usually, such apps are developed and maintained by the trading platform providers, I doubt if they will build any such application for Maemo5. These are usually 'high speed' trading apps and most likely will not be supported by them if you build your own.
i doubt too if but i think it can be. what about android OS in nokia n900 ? cause there are some apps-trade-terminals for android, can it be so ??? install andorid os and then dowmload forex trade terminals for android - is this idea?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by TonyUkuk View Post
i doubt too if but i think it can be. what about android OS in nokia n900 ? cause there are some apps-trade-terminals for android, can it be so ??? install andorid os and then dowmload forex trade terminals for android - is this idea?
Yes, this is your only option for now, until trading software for desktop Linux comes out and it's ported to the N900.

.... you are kidding right ?

if you are a serious trader and you need to be mobile, get an iPhone or Android. Forget the N900.

As a trader you have money on the line, using an unsupported platform is just asking for trouble - what happens if you need to get out of a position, move a stop etc and nidroid craps out on you ? or there is some unexpected behaviour in the client app ?

get an iphone or android (or blackberry) - forget the n900.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
.... you are kidding right ?

if you are a serious trader and you need to be mobile, get an iPhone or Android. Forget the N900.

As a trader you have money on the line, using an unsupported platform is just asking for trouble - what happens if you need to get out of a position, move a stop etc and nidroid craps out on you ? or there is some unexpected behaviour in the client app ?

get an iphone or android (or blackberry) - forget the n900.
i never forget nokia n900