Hey guys, I need help with my N900 device.

When I connect my N900 to a computer, specifically to my .sounds folder, all my songs are gone and all I can see is 1 file [USBS(■╒ê. fle] with 0kb. I have over a thousand songs and I don't know why it is not showing up. I tried to delete this file but it doesn't allow me to. I unplugged my N900 from the PC to check it the songs are really not existing. However, as I checked they are all there.
I just wanted to transfer some songs but I couldn't do so since they are gone when I'm connecting to the computer.

If you have ever encountered this before, can you please help me out? I've browsed over the internet and what they offer is to reformat my usb, but I don't know how it works with my N900 device. I am really hopeful that there would other way to solve my problem rather than reflashing/reformatting my device. I hope you can help me out.

You will see in the picture on how it looks like.
Attached Images

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Flash.

(10 chars)

Thanks for your feedback. Will you please explain to me how to flash my device (excuse for my ignorance)?

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
what is that usb security program you have running ...where are the songs in my docs or a sd card? ..do you have access to any other files?

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Flash.

(10 chars)
why would you say that?

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
what is that usb security program you have running ...where are the songs in my docs or a sd card? ..do you have access to any other files?

I have USB Disk Security in my PC and no threats found. I also scanned my device with ESET Nod32 Antivirus, and it only showed an error in opening. See screenshot at the bottom.

I have no memory card attached in my device, so it should be the songs in my internal memory (my docs)
Attached Images

I just looked at it (usb security) can you shut it down? make sure it is not still running in the tray(area by the clock in win) and try again ..do you have any acess to my docs at all? if not were you ever able to see my docs with that machine?

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
I just looked at it (usb security) can you shut it down? make sure it is not still running in the tray(area by the clock in win) and try again ..do you have any acess to my docs at all? if not were you ever able to see my docs with that machine?

Hello Mike. Did you mean the USB disk security, not the antivirus right? I did close the USB disk security (its no longer in the tray). I restarted my phone. And connected again my device to the PC and same problem with before.

I think I have another problem, I can no longer take pictures with my device,i got an error Memory not accessible, unable to save content. I was trying to a get a printscreen on my phones display. If you see the 1st screenshot, I also had the same file in my DCIM folder.

Per checking my available memory , I still have 7.54 gb available.

Here is any easy walk through of what you need to do ..just skip the second step

http://www.adminlinux.org/2010/04/no...-readonly.html

looking at this again its easy for me but may be not for someone without terminal experience

you need rootsh installed first of all

open terminal and type "root" hit enter

type "mount -o remount,rw /home/user/MyDocs" enter

type "df -h" enter

you will see something like this
"dev/mmcblk0p1 27.0G 1.3G 25.7G 5% /home/user/MyDocs"

type "umount /home/user/MyDocs/" enter

type "fsck.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1" enter

if what you see in red here is different from what you have change it.

the last command may have to run several times until the point where you dont get any errors.

Then close terminal and reboot your phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post: