Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Original post: [SOLVED, BUT DON'T SHUT THREAD FOR NOW] Boot loop after "apt-get upgrade"

Regret to ask again for the same prob, but my N900 isn't booting YET AGAIN because of the libXau problem which was once solved a month ago...
As original post suggested I disabled Extras-devel for better stability BUT forgot to equip backupmenu again... Then today I cleared some rootfs (in normal ways which proved to be OK before) did a normal "apt-get upgrade" and a lot of wares got updated and reboot and... stuck. Even before 5 white dots appear, the LED behaves like when you shut down and fades... Same phenomenon as previously met.
Now I decided to use the same method for this prob so I used the same flasher-3.5 command to boot into RescueOS, found here: N900 rescue OS - testing releasebut WTF it wasn't the same process from the beginning: stuck at a line:

"[6.392944] OMAP SSI hw driver loaded"

...and never went on for a bit. Tried changing Rescue OS image and won't work.

EDIT: Shoot, looks like the prob is simply an empty battery... Yes the same phenomenon as the libXau6 problem... Charged and everything's fine now.
Plus a tip: RescueOS won't boot (stuck at above lines) when battery's empty!

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-06-02 at 08:23. Reason: Sorry, solved myself

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Anything requiring flashing won't work on very low battery. That line is for the modem driver, which, of course, requires considerable power to get up and running.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Have you upgraded libstdc++6?

Projects no longer actively developed: here