Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Its nuts, everytime I send a text message, call or disconnect internet it shows a popup with amount of money taken out, duration and balance left.

Its really annoying. If I send a mass text to 100 people then 100 popups will come up at once and I have to manually close them all. Can someone please help me with this.

Device: Nokia N9
Operator: Airtel

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You can unsubscribe by asking airtel to not send you those alerts...

Seems like you are using prepaid. CALL/SMS charge popups are by default and i don't think you can unsubscribe.

Change to post paid.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by m_dk29 View Post
Seems like you are using prepaid. CALL/SMS charge popups are by default and i don't think you can unsubscribe.

Change to post paid.
Wow that's a cool advice...if you want to get rid of the messages, instead of exploring the possibility of unsubscribing from it or disabling it in the system (idk maybe intercepting the dbus messages) simply change your sim to a post paid one...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-15 at 09:15.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Wow that's a cool advice...if you want to get rid of the messages, instead of exploring the possibility of unsubscribing from it or disabling it in the system (idk maybe intercepting the dbus messages) simply change your sim to a post paid one...
It will be helpful..if anyone can implement it.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
@nonikhanna: There is a similar thread with the same concern: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86088

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
@topet2k12001 I dont think that is the same problem. In that situation, the guy gets sms back, but I get these USSD popups on my screen.

Apparently, I have been digging around looking for more information on this and I have found an app for Android that does this: Balance Update / USSD blocker.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tbalance&hl=en

I've tried looking for one like this for the N9 but have been unsuccessful. Ive read on a few forums that this does work.