Notices

Hi,
I am not sure whether this belongs here, in design or in brainstorm.
I did a quick search and didn't find anything so I think and hope I am not rehashing some old subjects.

I'm an EMT and I'd like to make my phone behave differently (make more noise & longer & vibrate, display the message full screen until I acknowledge it etc.) when I receive an SMS from dispatch (preferably also based on a status setting of myself whether or not I am accepting calls but that is less relevant)

My first guess is that I could somehow tie this in with qtlockscreen if I can indeed have an event purely for sms'es sent by a specific contact, however I would also want this behavior when my phone is not locked and even when I am in the middle of a phonecall for all the obvious reasons, so maybe this should tie in with something else.

Anyhow, is it possible? Which APIs should I be looking at, I have some basic familiarity with Qt at the moment but I'm also open to using & learning gtk for this project.

Thanks for any pointers.

//Kick

Can a friendly mod maybe move this topic to "Development" it seems that that would be a better home for the topic, and also change "Tie-ing" to "Tying".

Thanks.