Active Topics

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Belgium
My N9 is running version PR1.3 and I can not sync my contacts through a MfE account. The mail and calendar sync work alright but my contacts just do not sync. I reviewed all settings and tutorials/posts about the subject to no avail. Authentication is not the issue as the mails and agenda are perfectly synchronized.

To test that sync I created just one single address on the gmail account, sync'ed my N9, no error message but that single address does not appear in my N9 contacts. I was also expecting all my N9 contacts to be uploaded on my gmail account but that failed too.

According to the info found on the net, it should work flawlessly. Is that a PR1.3 issue?

Last edited by ripat; 2012-07-28 at 10:31.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Works fine for me. Are you sure you have "Contacts" setup in Google or just email contacts?

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Works fine for me. Are you sure you have "Contacts" setup in Google or just email contacts?
I am not sure how to check that. What I know is that when in gmail, I have a list of contacts in the My contacts menu. Is there another option to activate contacts in Google other than in gmail?

edit 1: I have another MfE account for my work mails and contacts. Could that be the reason why my contacts don't sync?

Edit 2:Probably not. I just deactivated that second MfE account and the contacts sync does not work better.

Last edited by ripat; 2012-07-28 at 14:51.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
MfE contacts sync only works for one account...If you've another account you need to disable it then re-add the account you want to sync with...

I have disabled all my accounts. In my empty contact list I did: Import contacts -> On line Service that offered me to create a new account. What I did with all my credentials on that MfE gmail account i.e:
Code:
- email address: myEmail@gmail.com
- user: myEmail@gmail.com
- domain: <empty>
- server: m.google.com
All other settings as per default (secured connection, port 443, conflicts priority to server etc...)

I am greeted by a message "Connection succesfull" and... nothing added in my contacts. When I force a sync in Accounts -> MfE -> Details last sync -> synchronize no better.

All my contacts are visible and editable in my gmail contact list.

It seems so easy when I see the tutorials on YouTube....

Ok. Just realized today that you can only sync with the first MfE account you created. If you started with another account first, it will not sync with another one even if you disable that first account.

Disabling it is not enough, you need to delete it.

How annoying!

You can now sync your email, contacts and calendar between your phone and Google account. Note that you can sync your contacts only with the account that you added first.
http://www.nokia.com/sg-en/support/n...-instructions/