Posts: 25 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Mulhouse, France
Being frustrated by lack of software, I tried to figure out if I could make visual voicemail work.
I have found a blog explaning how to retrieve visual voicemail login and password from Free Mobile ( french carrier ).
http://ckgandroiddev.blogspot.ch/201...-omtpimap.html

Thanks to that guy, he has really been helpful responding to my emails and giving me details about how he did it.

Visual voicemail must be activated on Free Mobile account settings, I tried with “android” type.
So first we need to send following sms in PDU mode to number 2051 and port 5499 :
Code:
Free mobile replies with a sms containing mail server address, login, password and other details.
The problem is that they reply on a specific port, and I could not find an easy way to catch that message.

I will try to explain how I managed it, but sorry I am a newbie.

So I started tcpdump from my computer via SSH ( Is there a way to open more then one terminal on N9 ? ) to see what happens on phonet0 interface :
Code:
/usr/sbin/tcpdump -i phonet0 -s 0 -w logfile.pcap

Then, in terminal on N9 :

I used opensh to have the right capas unless it doesn't work:
Code:
opensh
Phone-at
Then we need to switch to PDU mode :
Code:
at+cmgf=0
Then we send the sms
Code:
at+cmgs=57
Press enter, and paste the PDU ( I generated it with pduspy )
Code:
00410004810215000430060504157B00005354415455533A70763D31333B63743D667265652E56564D2E31303B70743D353439393B2F2F56564D
Press CTRL-Z to send the message.

In SSH session, wait a little bit after the message is sent, and press CTRL+C to stop the dump.
I analyzed the file in wireshark and could find following string (not complete) where XXXXXX is the user and YYYYYY is the password:
Code:
//VVM:STATUS:st=R;rc=0;srv=vvm.proxad.net;tui=666;dn=2051;ipt=993;spt=0;u=XXXXXX;pw=YYYYYY;lang=fre;g_len=30;vs_len=5;pw_len...
Then I created a mail account on N9 with following settings :
- mail address XXXXXX@BLABLA.COM
- user XXXXXX
- password YYYYYY
- server vvm.proxad.net
- server type IMAP4
- port 993
- connexion type SSL
- download headers only

It fails with an error message when refreshing, but then it shows the messages in inbox.
When I open an attached AMR file, I also get an error message but then it plays the file.
So there must be some tuning to do on the settings or a bug on IMAP handling.

Can you please help me to clarify this post, write a script, or find an easier way to do the same thing ?
This can help people to make visual voicemail work with other carriers also.

EDIT :
You will find attached my first bash script !!!
You must run it with opensh and have tcpdump installed.
It shows the login and password received by sms.

-Any way I can improve it ?
-Is it possible to make it work without opensh or tcpdump ?
-Can I generate an email account with a script ?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt freevvm.txt (665 Bytes, 116 views)

Last edited by candas1; 2013-02-11 at 23:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candas1 For This Useful Post: