Posts: 131 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
I've been "trying out" an iPhone after a long time of being a N900 user. Looks like I'm a tough cookie in this regard, and I'll likely remain on N900 if the iPhone won't cover everything that my N900 does.

What I currently miss:
- me manually (dis)approving a cellular data connection
- something like the endless Extended Call Log
- something like Recaller.

Has anyone been on the same path and found viable alternatives for these? It seems as though the iPhone will just usurp the 3G data link when wifi is not available. And all my googling pertaining to "recording calls automatically" led to either some pointless discussions whether it's legal or not, or to some weird online services which charge for the "privilege" of recording the call on their servers.

(Of course I'm not doing anything illegal - I don't even wanna hear my voice recorded, but #2 and #3 come in very handy when you're looking for something specific in the past, or can't write down stuff during conversation.)

(and #4 - not being able to synchronize Tasks from Outlook...)

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Don't worry, my dad has an iPhone 4, and I'm an N9 user. I couldn't stand this phone a bit. I couldn't even keep it in my hands for 10 minutes. Now you will tell me that's because it's not jailbroken, and I would say yes it is. But I didn't like that device either Just a waste of money..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Right. Yes, mine's jailbroken too, but I guess it's not my cup of tea. I already have an iPad and I'm fine with it, I guess I don't really need its "miniature version" especially considering everything I'm missing from N900. Cyan N9 was also my first choice, but 16 GB doesn't cut it for me, and 64 GB are hard to get.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I don't get why you would even attempt using an iPhone since you're a heavy N900 user. Rather foolish endeavor that was destined to end in failure anyway.

Yeah, if you have opposable thumbs and can count up to 20 without taking your shoes off it's usually a sign that an iPhone might be a little less than satisfactory.

The irony of thumbs... also that the iPhone's on-screen keyboard is too tiny to be used with thumbs.
Anyhow, I still have my N900 and if the iPhone doesn't win the "competition", it'll get a new owner (I might even profit from it, both on the experience and the monetary side ).