Hey all! I've only just bought a nokia N900 (a bit late to the scene I know haha) and I mainly want to use it as a pentesting suite. I've been looking around and found this 'pwnphone' thing but have no idea how to install it or anything. Tbh this is my first time ever owning this phone (still waiting for it to get delivered) and there's no one place to get all the information for sorting it out (there's just so many different tutorials on how to do all the flashing(?) and such I have no idea where to start! So if anyone could help me out and sort of tell me how to do all this, it would be much appreciated! I've also read that apparentlt there are custom things to boost battery and wifi and not to install pwnphone because you get the outdated drivers? idk. But would love it if someone could help me out here!!

(I understand some basic stuff if it's anything similar to android flashing!)

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:
Welcome to TMO jonny, and welcome to the marvelous world of taming bricks
The wiki page in deed is a very good compilation of things to setup to come to a smoothly running N900. Just remember that whenever someone writes about "bricking your device" they mean it, so proceed with prejudice or you may wind up with a shiny new paperweight :P
You may find that there's not an awful lot of flashing required.

The Following User Says Thank You to low For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the help! After I've completed the firmware setup and all do I just flash pwnphone straight over it all?

I can't seem to find the flasher tool when clicking on links from the guide. It keeps coming up with 404 error :/

Frankly, I don't quite get, why you need so-called pwnphone suite for N900. AFAIK, no one seriously interested in pentesting (aka not "just for show") uses it.

Instead, people are using so-called bleeding-edge drivers (bundled with kernel-power) and either software compiled for N900 itself, or, in cae of more exotic needs, Debian packages via Easy Debian (or other chroot).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Well I'm not exactly a professional pentester but I like having tools like this on my phone Nothing serious but just for fun really!