Hi y'all,
from one day to the other I lost all my contacts, except the Facebook ones. Did some research and deleting meta.db-wal did not fix things. Also hard-reset tracker-control after beackup and before restore did not help.
I managed to copy meta.db and do a sqlite3 dump of this file. While browsing the dump, I found text strings for my contacts with some info (phone numbers and mail) included in the "Resource" table, which is good, I have at least that.

Does someone know howto get this data visable again?

Cheers!

BC

Last edited by bcnx; 2013-06-03 at 20:59.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
How do you manage to lose your contacts suddenly?

No idea. My best guess is turning off the phone while the database was open for writing. I cannot think of a manupilaten that keeps e-mails and phone numbers in the database but destroys the contact entries they belong to.

BC

I messed it up once, I just opted for a reflash. What I like to do is sync my contacts to google contacts, and just use exchange to keep them all back uped online

That is an excellent idea if you stil have them.

Even stranger: it seems my choice of ringtone is gone too. Apparently the complete meta.db database is messed up.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, quite a lot of settings and user data is stored there, so when you mess it up good the results are pretty ugly