Active Topics

Closed Thread
I correctly assume, that it will be open for non-council interested people to participate?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Question for Council:
Nokia OVI apt-repository had changed GPG key and public GPG is not published. Here is reported bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12522 Andre Klapper wrote that maemo bugzilla is not right place. So where to report that bug?? Or can Maemo Council fix this bug (find missing public key and publish it)? Or again - (OVI) another repository problem - and only one persion who can fix it is X-Fade???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Question for Council:
Nokia OVI apt-repository had changed GPG key and public GPG is not published. Here is reported bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12522 Andre Klapper wrote that maemo bugzilla is not right place. So where to report that bug?? Or can Maemo Council fix this bug (find missing public key and publish it)? Or again - (OVI) another repository problem - and only one persion who can fix it is X-Fade???
Council (or X-Fade) can't fix it. Sounds like another thing to be raised with Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
SD69, do you know who in Nokia can be responsible for OVI repository on downloads.maemo.nokia.com? Or can you find email address to someone in Nokia?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
SD69, could you have a look there?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...21#post1148621

What do You think about starting big process by considerable steep of moving repositories to open source git servers? (details in few posts occupying page that I've linked) I think we need to start somewhere, and repositories are nice useful point.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

What do You think about starting big process by considerable steep of moving repositories to open source git servers? (details in few posts occupying page that I've linked) I think we need to start somewhere, and repositories are nice useful point.

/Estel
Totally agree. I think we should try to move to any open / free initiative such as KDE or Debian instead of trying to fundraise any other solution.

There is no need to have a fancy web site with all the goodies, just move the critical points to somewhere safer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
I correctly assume, that it will be open for non-council interested people to participate?
There will be a Council Meeting on Thursday January 12 at 13:00UTC on #maemo-meeting. It is open for non-council interested people to attend but the log is typically published afterwards. (sorry for the late notice)

/Estel
Estel, thanks for the heads up - I would have missed the discussion otherwise. CSSU should be open project and not held up by any one person even MAG.

I concur with moving repos (if what you mean is mirroring for awhile before a permanent transfer); we have another URL already. I think there is consensus in the community now that didn't exist six months ago.

We need people who will donate servers during transition and others will commit to maintaining the repos. Council can make an announcement for volunteers - to distinguish between people who will commit to the project and those who merely say it is what we should do. We got 57 volunteers for forum admins when we asked because of the spam problem a few months ago! So it surely is possible but I personally can't organize it (don't know enough about server admin or maintaining repos, and not enough time too). Please begin to organize (line up server donations, etc.) if you're ready.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Of course I mean mirroring, at least until we would be 100% sure about stability of our infrastructure.

As for donating servers - I've contacted some community members, that proposed this not so long ago, waiting for answer. Of course, the more willing people, the better.

As for getting knowledgeable volunteers to maintain repositories, I may be wrong, but I think it's most crucial part for this stage of transfer. Announcement from council would be great - could it also sit as banner on main maemo page? I think we really need to have some time to talk with interested people - ones maintaining repos really need to be good at those things.

So, as for announcements/banners/etc, IMO, the sooner, the better. If there is no showstop for banner idea, could someone make a tiny contribution by preparing nice, clear (not bloated) banner? I'm totally useless when it goes to preparing graphics, I'm afraid

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Of course I mean mirroring, at least until we would be 100% sure about stability of our infrastructure.

As for donating servers - I've contacted some community members, that proposed this not so long ago, waiting for answer. Of course, the more willing people, the better.
The size of our community is tiny, in code size, bandwidth and number of people.
We could be in debian servers and they wouldn't even notice.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council