Active Topics

Notices

Hi folks - I managed to (I think) successfully compile Milkytracker music sequencer for OS2008. This is my first attempt to compile/deb for the NIT, so please let me know if anything doesn't work out well.

In general, the program is pretty well set up for the NIT - if you go to the instrument editor, an on screen piano keyboard is brought up to be able to enter music with.

I am not certain if this will run on any older OS or not... It may, but I don't have anything but Diablo to test it with.

Screenshot:

Deb:
http://nit.psykosis.net/Milkytracker-0.90.80-1_all.deb

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to psykosis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
psykosis,

Thank you! Wow, I had a gillion .MOD files on my old Amiga and now I have to resurrect them.

To get people playing music here's a quick suggestion on where to download .mod, .xm, etc files. You'll have to "unzip" a few of the downloads but for inexperienced x-term users there are a few that are not zipped:

http://modarchive.org/

Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Munk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks, psykosis.

One small problem: if you switch to another application, then there is no way to go back to Milkytracker. Yo have to kill the process and start again.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Thanks, psykosis.

One small problem: if you switch to another application, then there is no way to go back to Milkytracker. Yo have to kill the process and start again.
Correct - unfortunately like a lot of the SDL games, there is no direct way to - however there is a utility to be able to switch back posted some where on here. Also, via the shell, you can wmctrl it back up.

Originally Posted by Munk
Wow, I had a gillion .MOD files on my old Amiga and now I have to resurrect them.
'Twas exactly my motivation - that, and the sudden moments of musical inspiration when out and about.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by psykosis View Post
Correct - unfortunately like a lot of the SDL games, there is no direct way to - however there is a utility to be able to switch back posted some where on here. Also, via the shell, you can wmctrl it back up.
Hmm, you may want to check out the maemo game development wiki and look at ukki's excellent game ports, there are ways to make the icon show up in the navigator

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Denver, CO
Wow! Just... wow! Thanks so much for doing this! My commute home just became a heck of a lot more fun!

Okay... my excitement might be short-lived. Maybe I'm just being dim, but how do you get access to controls in the effect columns? I have a N800 and I can't seem to pull up a virtual keyboard. Am I out of luck or am I just missing something obvious?

EDIT: Err... I may have figured it out. Use the keyboard view? I seem to be having difficulty really controlling things, but at least I'm getting some sort of input into them.

Last edited by robbneu; 2008-07-07 at 20:54.

This port of Milkytracker is really awesome, but I'm still not having much luck editing the effect columns very well on my N800. Anyone have any pointers?

Psykosis... Any chance you're going to upload your compile to the Milkytracker page? I think there are probably other NIT users that might not be aware of this forum, who might like to see it listed.

Thanks again for putting in the work to get this over. Despite my issues with the effect column, this has been a LOT of fun. I appreciate it.

wow just wow.......

it works.......

my feet are dancing........

but how do i get it to do things, how do i understand how to use it.....

i did a quick search and found some things but if you could point me to the best manual that would be great.... [i'm going to have a lot ofdun with this]

p.s. i'n using a old n810, which i don't belive has Diablo...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
you've got pm