Active Topics

Notices

Like previous phones including my iPhone 3G, it would be easy to see missed calls and recieved texts when my phone was locked.
I know we've got the flashing light, and the flash icon on the top left of the screen, but what I'd like to see is SMS received, Missed Call etc info on the locked screen of my Nokia N900.

Is this possible or is there an app avaiable for this?

thanks all

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I am using for this google voice....

i dont think google voice is what i need. that sounds like another routing programme. i want something added to the existing setup.
basically, what i want is notification on this screenshot to say the number of messages waiting, and number of phone calls missed and any other missed notifications.
Attached Images

AFAIK, there's no mod to add that kind of info yet. But, please, correct me if i'm wrong.

You can make a brainstorm with that idea. Hopefully, someone will be interested in developing it.

I'm going to try and create a widget that combines the notifications in one.

Tonight I got back to my phone to find multiple missed calls, texts and emails (ooh, get me Mr Popular) and it's frustrating, as even though the N900 isn't marketed as a phone, it still has to operate as a phone first and foremost.

Attached is what I have in mind, the next calender date, and the number of missed calls (icon changes from blue to red) number of text and emails.

I have zero programming knowledge or ability in any language, so I'll be teaching myself from scratch, but seeing as no-one else appears to be working on something similar I guess it sets me a target...
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikey_Bizzle For This Useful Post:
And as you see, I seem to have font matching algorithms switched off in Paint...

Originally Posted by dbs11 View Post
i dont think google voice is what i need. that sounds like another routing programme. i want something added to the existing setup.
basically, what i want is notification on this screenshot to say the number of messages waiting, and number of phone calls missed and any other missed notifications.

Anyone come up with an idea yet to perhaps make this work?

You could probably use Desktop Command Execution Widget to display the results of an sqlite command on the desktop:

Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db "select count(id) from events where event_type_id = 7 and is_read=0"
will show you number of unread sms and

Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db "select count(id) from events where event_type_id = 3"
will show you number of missed calls.

Mind you, this isn't the same as number of alerts (what makes the notification light blink). SMSes in particular I mostly see in the task manager and hit X to close them without reading. Those are still unread will be included in the count. I'll look at the specification to see if there's a better way about this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nex For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

sorry - but just saw your screenshot - showing the screenlock. Looks very nice. Where did you download it and what is the app called?

Thanks for sharing - and sorry for having no help whatsoever for your topic...

sga

Originally Posted by dbs11 View Post
Hi there,

sorry - but just saw your screenshot - showing the screenlock. Looks very nice. Where did you download it and what is the app called?

Thanks for sharing - and sorry for having no help whatsoever for your topic...

sga