Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Hello,

it's possible to créate portrait keyboard QWERTY? This very cool for MicroB web browser! and write SMS in portrait.

Sorry for my poor english.

Thanks.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
microb is closed source. however opera's portrait kb is excellent.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

It's no a problem, i looks "portrait keyboard" in apps manager (extra-devel). it's works, it's no QWERTY Keyboard...

So it's possible to make a QWERTY keyboard!

Please developpers.

Last edited by Airtux; 2010-09-19 at 02:22.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Did you search on this forum? The "Portrait Keyboard" app you are talking about has a thread. In that thread, in the middle and end, you can see Eternal make some posts where he shoes that he's been working on a qwerty version. It was, and maybe still is, being worked on. I would recommend you talk to him and ask him to keep working on it, and, if possible, push his portrait keyboard version through as soon as he can into the repos.

The great advantage about that keyboard is that it's system-wide - no more need for writing new keyboards for everything that needs a portrait one - at least if and when it gets done.

Ok, i have find this post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...yboard&page=17

yes, I'd love to have it as well.
I tried to develop something on my N900, but no success so far..
for sure, if I could begin, this would be my first task.

regards