Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
Hi all

Is it possible to change the colours of the current theme. I am using Echo. Which is a theme I like that came with the N810, but I'd like to change the colours. Can this be done?

Thanks
D

I am useing a different theme, and I know I changed the color. I thing only certian themes can have their color changed, but I'm not sure.

To change the color, I think nyou go to the control panel and go to the bottom, where it says theme. Once again, I know that you can chage the theme color, but I did it a long time ago and I forgot how to. I hope that helps a little.

I think you can change the theme color by going to the menu in the home screen (the dropdown, with the button under the d pad). go to set background image and the first thing there asks you what color to set it.

Last edited by 2733T; 2009-07-30 at 00:00. Reason: I forgot to meantion something

Do you remember whether those were custom themes or the preinstalled themes?

I don't think there are several colors in the default themes. But maybe this can be done by editing the theme files.

I would like to put transparancy on the desktop element in Glasser, like in Echo. Can someone tell me if I can edit a file to do that please?

PS: I find an .xml file with theme, but no opacity inside.

Where did you find that?

In /usr/share/theme/ you have the themes files.

Thanks a lot.

I was able to get into the directory and saw the files in there. I opened index.theme but there were not commands in it for colours.

Guess I'll probably end up installing a different one.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
hildon-theme-ilona (should be available to apt-get) is an orange version of Echo. I find it ghastly, personally, but (minus the changes to the images) you should be able to compare the GTKRCs to see what was changed to give it a different colour in places.

I find how to get transparency on the desktop. It's all in images named *applet*.png (PS: and qgn_plat_home_search_bg_alpha.png).

I also find the colors, they are in the file /gtk-2.0/gtkrc with HTML codes. (Always in /usr/share/theme/...).

All I need to find now, it's how to add a theme in the menu, because I must replace the existing one and I would like to keep both.

Last edited by DJiK; 2009-09-17 at 19:22.