Notices

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Sorry for being the dummy here, but eactly how can I edit AutoCompletion with this? Or is the point simply that this is a tool for me to edit AutoComplete behaviour now?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That's an entry count mismatch error - it's failed to read the correct number of entries before hitting the padding start point. Would it be possible for you to email/PM me your ~/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary file?
Well... I actually tried editing it by hand sometime ago
So I guess I'm gonna deleting it.

Thx
William

EDIT: no way. Just tried deleting my messed up personal dict, nothing changed. Same result removing .used_dictionary. Anything else?

Last edited by maddler; 2010-06-11 at 15:17.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Sorry for being the dummy here, but eactly how can I edit AutoCompletion with this? Or is the point simply that this is a tool for me to edit AutoComplete behaviour now?
When you run it, it should load up your current custom auto-complete dictionary (that's the list of terms that you've used in any auto-complete enabled application which aren't in the base dictionary).

You can then select terms from the list and delete them (e.g. passwords that have been automatically added at some point, or misspelled words), or add new terms to the dictionary (this shouldn't really be necessary though, as any terms you use in applications will get automatically added).

Finally, click the "Save changes" button to write out the new dictionary and force the OS to reload it.

Originally Posted by maddler View Post
Well... I actually tried editing it by hand sometime ago
So I guess I'm gonna deleting it.
Probably safer deleting it, yes - you'll need to reboot (or kill hildon-input-method) to force the OS to drop it's cache of the old file though (otherwise it'll just write it out again).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai, India
Just tried it but got error:
File "/opt/AutoCompleteEditor/AutoCompleteEditor.py", line 17, in <module>
w.loadData()
File "/opt/AutoCompleteEditor/ACE_gui.py", line 157, in loadData
self._dict = ACEFile()
File "/opt/AutoCompleteEditor/ACE_file.py", line 34, in __init__
self.read()
File "/opt/AutoCompleteEditor/ACE_file.py", line 119, in read
Wasn't able to catch the whole stuff.
Any clue?
same here. what shd I do now?

EDIT: no way. Just tried deleting my messed up personal dict, nothing changed. Same result removing .used_dictionary. Anything else?
You get the same error with a brand new .personal.dictionary file? In that case, could you send me a copy of it?

Originally Posted by nrajesh View Post
same here. what shd I do now?
If possible, could you send me a copy of the dictionary file (/home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary) via email/PM? I'd suggest checking the file with more, notepad, or something similar to make sure it doesn't contain anything personal first though!

No way. I've removed bot personal and used dicts, but still getting errors. :|

For anyone getting errors, please send me a copy of the dictionary file. I'd suggest the following process, to make sure that no personal data is contained in the file:
  • Backup the dictionary: "mv /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary.old"
  • Kill hildon-input-method to clear the cache: "killall hildon-input-method"
  • Launch the Notes application and type in a new word (any random set of characters should work fine)
  • Retry AutoComplete Editor to make sure you still get an error
  • Copy the new dictionary, which can now be safely sent to me: "mv /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary /home/user/MyDocs/failing_personal_dictionary
  • Replace your original dictionary: "mv /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary.old /home/user/.osso/dictionaries/.personal.dictionary"
  • Kill hildon-input-method again to clear the cached data: "killall hildon-input-method"

You can now send me (via email, PM, or attaching to a message here) the /home/user/MyDocs/failing_personal_dictionary file.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
im going to give this a try...