unless i reboot with headphones, i don't get icon. if i boot headset plugged it i get the icon but once i remove them i don't get any icon regardless the way i plug them. sound always routed to headset but buttons on head set never works.

if i insert any other 3.5 headset, i get headset icon on each time.

i hope headset i have is faulty

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
i ordered every adapter that i thought would work with my bose inear headset(same as iphone headset), but it didn't work
can this be fixed through software?

Last edited by Abemelek; 2009-12-16 at 00:11.

help! i tried several wired headphones with the n900 but it failed to detect. but they are working fine if i plug them into my n95 8gb.

Originally Posted by wongjemi85 View Post
help! i tried several wired headphones with the n900 but it failed to detect. but they are working fine if i plug them into my n95 8gb.
Does sound get routed to headphones?

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
Does sound get routed to headphones?
Not at all, the sound is played via phone speakers.

I keep repeating but it looks like there are couple of separate issues.

On mine if i plug supplied head phones in, sound gets routed regardless phone recognizes headphones.

My main problem is command buttons on remote of headphones. They don't work at all.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
My main problem is command buttons on remote of headphones. They don't work at all.
Indeed. I was expecting to be able to use my N95 headphones with the N900, but its remote controls (volume, pause, etc.) don't work at all. Does anybody know whether it is a software issue or a hardware limitation?

i'm no expert but it feels like a software issue when combined with not detecting headphones (I hope it is)

This happened to me today. I was playing music fine on my headphones (the nokia stock ones) and i unplugged them for about 15mins and came back and then it wouldnt play through the headphones only through the speakers.

I tried reflashing the firmware but same issue. I'm wondering if i should send it back and try and get a new one (a royal pain).

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cmw View Post
This happened to me today. I was playing music fine on my headphones (the nokia stock ones) and i unplugged them for about 15mins and came back and then it wouldnt play through the headphones only through the speakers.

I tried reflashing the firmware but same issue. I'm wondering if i should send it back and try and get a new one (a royal pain).
i have the same problem. now i need to use another headphones (without mic) to listen to the music

Tags
lack of quality control