Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
ok guys i have a small problem with my n900, well i always had this issue, a simple reboot or reboot after changing theme or.... resets all my QBW to appok, and now its a painp because it take a lot to restore all the qbw that i have on my homescreens, practily i have to redo them, as only their location doesn't change, now this is hapenning almost once a week, any solution ??
Anyone else having this kind of issue?

@elie-7: what other desktop widget do you have installed.
Some time ago Desktop Activity Manager was known to mess-up with QBW due to its brutal kill of hildon-home/desktop (and possible interference with QBW config file consistency)

As a workaround I can suggest to save /home/user/.queen_beecon after configuration.

If your faulty scenario happens again, just open a x-term window as root and issue:
- restore of working /home/user/.queen_beecon file
- killall hildon-home

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Anyone else having this kind of issue?

@elie-7: what other desktop widget do you have installed.
Some time ago Desktop Activity Manager was known to mess-up with QBW due to its brutal kill of hildon-home/desktop (and possible interference with QBW config file consistency)

As a workaround I can suggest to save /home/user/.queen_beecon after configuration.

If your faulty scenario happens again, just open a x-term window as root and issue:
- restore of working /home/user/.queen_beecon file
- killall hildon-home
thanks mate, and i don't have desktop activity manager, i have the media player widget, friendly fm, ironscope, e-mail, fb and the claendar ome widget.

why does an app launching trough qbw works here with conky, and not with brouwser, phone app, sms app,...?
What tuto shoul I read if I want to make widgets opening apps displayed with images I want?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
why does an app launching trough qbw works here with conky, and not with brouwser, phone app, sms app,...?
What tuto shoul I read if I want to make widgets opening apps displayed with images I want?
what do you mean? QBW will open browser, phone, sms etc.
You can change the image by putting it in /home/user/queen_beecon_dir and in 'command title settings' put 'imagename.png'

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Noord-Holland, Netherlands
can somebody help me, i haver done something realy stupid. i use this commend inqbw dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"image-viewer" from this thread
so that i can creat invisible apps aìm using it for months now but yesterday i want to make i new one for an new app i forget to change the update policy its on desktop so now when i go the desktop of the qbw widget i instance get the my photo`s because the update policy of the qbw its mark on desktop. yes i know its realy stupid i was to quick does somebody now how i can turn it off with ssh in an file or something

thnxs in advance

Gill T

Edit: i fix the problem i just remove the corresponding file

Last edited by Gill T; 2011-05-10 at 07:13.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
is it possible that when ever you receive an sms or im or a missedcall , beecon widgets for inbox and call log animate ?

Originally Posted by Gill T View Post
can somebody help me, i haver done something realy stupid. i use this commend inqbw dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"image-viewer" from this thread
so that i can creat invisible apps aìm using it for months now but yesterday i want to make i new one for an new app i forget to change the update policy its on desktop so now when i go the desktop of the qbw widget i instance get the my photo`s because the update policy of the qbw its mark on desktop. yes i know its realy stupid i was to quick does somebody now how i can turn it off with ssh in an file or something

thnxs in advance

Gill T

it happened with me when i tried the lock script , the screen and keyboard got locked .
but somehow i managed to go into the settings of the beecon and then to edit cmd and delete.
what i had done is .
keep on unlocking and tried to tap as quickly as i could .
and some how i managed to go into desktop settings and the to the beecons setting .
but before every step i unlocked my device :P
it's just like be quick then your phone is and try to delete it .
by tapping quickly and going into the settings of the desktop and then to beecon's

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
i have heard that ican use battery percent with qbw, that i should create
battery.png
battery.png.1
and so on.
But i dunno where the command is
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...36439&page=304

there you go , the last post .

Originally Posted by Umlungu View Post
Use Jww's command as it's a lot neater(I could never wrap my head around sed ^^) but it should look like...

Code:
echo "/sbin/iwconfig wlan0"|root|grep ESSID|sed "s/.*ESSID:\"//;s/\".*//"
hi.
after the ESSID did work perfectly i need to show the access point mac address, can you please help me with that ?
thank you

Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hi.
after the ESSID did work perfectly i need to show the access point mac address, can you please help me with that ?
thank you
To get the MAC address:
Code:
echo "iwconfig wlan0"|root|grep Point|sed "s/.*Point: //;s/ //g"

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post: