Active Topics

Hi,
Looking foward to using this site regularly, now that I've become a bit more patient with my device and realise that there's a lot more learning to do.
The reason why I joined is, I just installed FMMS. I tried sending an MMS and it failed and said that my settings were not correct. I googled 'how to setup FMMS on my N900' and it's saying that I need to create Devel catalogue, and that to be careful because it could wipe my entire phone. So not sure what to do. Is it really this complicated to start doing MMS. I would really appreiate any help.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saadkhan1976 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i need to have medical apps on my n900 ? epocrates specifically ..whts the procedure ?please help

im new and i want to say hello

The Following User Says Thank You to anarchy83 For This Useful Post:
Anybody from Zambia here?

The Following User Says Thank You to sardanis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Italy
Hello to everyone!
I'm from Italy... I bought my N900 two months ago and I'm very happy of it!
I want to thank you guys for you useful threads!

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hello,

Just recently purchased a n900 from Amazon. To be honest, still debating on whether or not I should keep it, not only from a financial standpoint but also from a product longevity standpoint.

From what I have seen of this geeky community thus far, support should be alive and kicking at least for the next year or so. If only this little powerhouse had the battery of my e71 :).

P.S. If anyone has any technical expertise with fixing speaker issues with an e71, please let me know! It seems that my waterproof bag ended up not being as waterproof as originally thought. While the water damage indicator doesn't register any water damage, the device did get wet while on my most recent jaunt to Finland (of all places! haha).

- Casey

The Following User Says Thank You to winterblue For This Useful Post:
'ello all,

Friend of mine on here, Kingoddball, has an N900, and I'm just wondering what I need to do, or kill, to get it off him!

Seriously, nerd from way back in the 90s when I got my first computer, used Macs all through school, played with Netware, Windows, then Linux.

Back on Macs, of course, nothing better. Except Debian. Haha.

I do alot of "unusual" stuff. At the moment, I'm negotiating for a HP dual core, dual processor Xeon, which I'm going to load up with Toshiba SpursEngines. Why? Cause I can!

Also looking into Doppler radar using the Cell - but I'm sure you want to hear my N900 experiences.

As I said, I drool all over Kingoddballs phone, and he tells me many a tall tale about dialing from the command line (the height of geekiness) and running chroots. I own a BeagleBoard/ PandaBoard, don't know which one I'm keeping at the moment (hello Kingoddball!) so I'm with you guys, in spirit!

Anyway, anything to do with computers, radios, phones or electronics, I love. And if its unusual, I love it even more.

Also looking into getting a GSM base station running when Ettus Research releases his new card later in the year. Once again, cause I can!

In a couple of days time, I'll post about the Wild Ducks, Kingoddball says you guys might like it.

Until next time...

boris_G

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boris_blackmilk For This Useful Post:
Hello everybody!
Greetings from Russia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexforsikov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hello Boris BM.... Strange to see you around these parts of the Internet....

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Hello everybody ,

I registered a few weeks ago, so I'ts about time to start posting and say hello

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cholfo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org