hello. im thinking of doing a community ssu update on my n900. Please tell me if any of my settings, files or anything in my phone will be lost in the process? like all the apps. and i have modded the conversations etc so will it be lost? or will the community update do nothing to such settings and files? lastly, please tell me that is this harmful? can i cause damage to my phone or is it stable?
help would be appreciated.
thank you

Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hello. im thinking of doing a community ssu update on my n900. Please tell me if any of my settings, files or anything in my phone will be lost in the process? like all the apps. and i have modded the conversations etc so will it be lost? or will the community update do nothing to such settings and files? lastly, please tell me that is this harmful? can i cause damage to my phone or is it stable?
help would be appreciated.
thank you
Hi,

Its just an othter update like those from nokia.
just backup your data, you''ll never know if thinks go wrong.
also download cssu features configurator, so you can apply some extra settings.

goodluck!

Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
Hi,

Its just an othter update like those from nokia.
just backup your data, you''ll never know if thinks go wrong.
also download cssu features configurator, so you can apply some extra settings.

goodluck!
hey thanks. so will my apps stay? if i do it normally then my settings and stuff wont change and it wont flash the phone?
one more thing that i would like to ask is that i dont like the portrait mode so is there any option in the settings to switch off rotation?

Yassifrrfc there's a massive thread on this forum that also has links to a wiki.Suggest you check that out.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=cssu

hey ive checked every thread out. i cant get the answer that im looking for. will it delete my applications and files? and settings like in conversation modder? and about the portrait mode. is there any option in the settings from which ill be able to turn off the rotation?

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
No it won't delete your apps or files or settings. Its best to back up just to be safe, but the CSSU update will not delete anything at all

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Slovakia
Well as far as I know there are only great things with CSSU, you can change many things, just need to know what do you want. And honestly, I can't remember any negatives or harms to my device. But, you know, one will never know. And you might be the first :-) just kidding.
i updated my CSSU at work, and didn't lost anything. But it's totally up to you as usual. You are the one responsible for your action and mistakes. Take care.

Tags
just shoot me