Active Topics

I use the 'notes' app to store bits of important info and typically just close it when I'm done (as it is supposed to autosave the file).

I just tried to open 'Notes' to retrieve some tidbits and I got an error that the autosave file could not be found?! When I first fire it up I can see almost an afterimage of the old file (but of course it's the top of the file and what I need is further down the page).

Any ideas where I could find the old autosave file on the n900? Any chance of recovery if it's indeed hosed?

Thanks for any help!

Just a quick thread bump in case anyone has any ideas - thanks...

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Try looking in /home/user/.osso/osso-notes

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
In Notes application i have been maintaining a file(which is sort of a todo list for my personal use) for a long time now. Today i entered some incorrect info into it and did Ctrl Z to undo it. Suddenly the whole file became blank with no data in it. I closed it, which autosaved it. Now the todo file is a blank file without any data inside :-( Unfortunately i do not have a recent back up of that file. Is there any way to restore previous versions of that file in Notes application? Please help.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
There was a similiar thread some days ago.
He solved it with photorec
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...30&postcount=7
Thanks a lot mate. I was able to retrieve my file. For the benefit of others who may face similar situation in future, these are the steps i did to retrieve the previous versions of my file

1. Installed Photorec from Application manager
2. Open Photorec - In fileoptions uncheck everything and select only the file type you are interested in. In my case i selected only 'txt' files
3. Run the tool.
4. Takes a while(1 hour) to retrieve all versions of all txt files.
5. Finally it would say in what location the files are copied to.
6. I moved those files to my computer and did a search on particular words that would be available in the file which i am looking for.
7. Filtered those files and manually compared those files to identify which is the latest one i was looking for.

The Following User Says Thank You to pisthpeeps For This Useful Post: