Closed Thread
Hi to everyone, I hope I found right thread for my problems. They are about CSSU software upgrade. I have upgraded to latest version (1.3.3 blah blah 14.1) and afther that I saw few bugs.
1. Clock autoupdate not work anymore
2. Custom alarm tones not wotk anymore (when I select an song for tone I get "internal error app clock colsed", only works default tones). I need alarm every morning.
3. Default File Manager is so slow. I need to wait for a while between folder switching
4. Default AppMan are still to slow.

I can't understand how somebody can release new device that it is on half way in development. Maybe it's physically completed but software is halfway to completion. Nokia doesn't care for us owners who bought their product, who spent 600-700$ for that piece of crap. And now they are forgot for Maemo, they are busy with MeeGo and now someone else has to correct things and meet their holes.
In this year since I have the n900 I lost hundreds of nerves.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
First of all, DISABLE portrait mode via the CSSU Transitions Tuner..

Secondly, you cannot just magically highlight text in conversations or the web browser(microB)

To highlight text you need to swipe your finger from the left side of the screen to the right and then you will see a cursor icon appear just above the bottom left corner of the screen. Press that cursor icon and you can then highlight to you hearts content
hey when i type text in conversation and i wanna delete the whole sentence, i used to select it from right to left. the text in the box in which i was typing and then to delete it all together.i can select that way. in the box in which im typing i cannot select from right to left

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
Hi to everyone, I hope I found right thread for my problems. They are about CSSU software upgrade. I have upgraded to latest version (1.3.3 blah blah 14.1) and afther that I saw few bugs.
1. Clock autoupdate not work anymore
2. Custom alarm tones not wotk anymore (when I select an song for tone I get "internal error app clock colsed", only works default tones). I need alarm every morning.
3. Default File Manager is so slow. I need to wait for a while between folder switching
4. Default AppMan are still to slow.

I can't understand how somebody can release new device that it is on half way in development. Maybe it's physically completed but software is halfway to completion. Nokia doesn't care for us owners who bought their product, who spent 600-700$ for that piece of crap. And now they are forgot for Maemo, they are busy with MeeGo and now someone else has to correct things and meet their holes.
In this year since I have the n900 I lost hundreds of nerves.
unfortunately... i think the nokia support argument is stale already. if you have chosen to take the cssu updates, i'm sure you believe that that ship has sailed.

so far, none of the abovementioned issues are similar to me or many others. custom alarm works for me, autoupdate too, i never use appman once i got used to fapman but i think many have experience better experience with the appman ui now that it has portrait... i don't understand how file manager would be affected. the latest update didn't mess with it. most of the updates were hildon-desktop/home, camera-ui and portrait mode stuff...

probably some other third party app that's taken up your cpu % ?
Malaysian N900 user!!!

I don't know man, somethings wrong with my phone, like you said, everything worked fine for me also but suddenly AU stop work, before 2 days stoped custom alarm tones (when I choose my tone clock just crash) - also I have updated to latest CSSU before 2 days.
File Man is slower also after CSSU. And about AppMan, I use FAM too but sometimes I need AppMan.
Is there difference if I update software from FAM or AppMan?
I have updated latest CSSU from FAM. And is there a any way to reinstall clock?

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
First of all, DISABLE portrait mode via the CSSU Transitions Tuner..

Secondly, you cannot just magically highlight text in conversations or the web browser(microB)

To highlight text you need to swipe your finger from the left side of the screen to the right and then you will see a cursor icon appear just above the bottom left corner of the screen. Press that cursor icon and you can then highlight to you hearts content
hey i cant get the cssu transitions tuner. its not in the repos and not in my settings

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Next update planned?

will be there real Nokia's update pr1.4 or it's just a dream?

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
it is a dream :P

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
will be there real Nokia's update pr1.4 or it's just a dream?
erm...

I think I'm MORE interested with whatever the CSSU has to offer rather than anything from nokia.

The only thing probably would be them announcing that every other closed-source component in the phone will be opened thus allowing the devs in CSSU to be EVEN MORE creative
Malaysian N900 user!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
hey ive updated the ssu. please tell me how i can set it back to landscape mode. i did lock it to landscape but then the phone menu and dialling pad are also in landscape. when i call it shows in landscape. please help me. is there any way to make it back to normal? that everything is in portrait except the phone like it used to be in the official firmware.
thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade