i installed nitdroid autoinstaller it installed 0.0.8, rebooted and i upgraded it by this website http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/ni...xmasdroid.html after the -rm rf * the phone looked different in the menu(no icons, no sorting in app menu, most widgets dissapeared). once everything installed i rebooted...
i loaded the phone and saw grey, yeah grey blocks (windows safe mode style) WTF. i can select on the blocks and they have charecters written but charecters that are a block [].
i booted to nitdroid and MyDocs still has 4GB free, i dont know what happened to maemo GUI. Please help im so shittn it

N.B. i installed on memory card (Nitdroid)

Last edited by CaSPeRFXX; 2011-05-10 at 00:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaSPeRFXX For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
LOL!

You removed all the system folders!?

Why didnt you just check out the official wiki?
The only way you can put it back is just to flash your device.

Have fun

okay is there anyway to backup data through nitdroid

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
You're stuck in the past dude There is NITDroid 1.2 already and you installed 0.8? anyways long story short you removed vital files for maemo to function FULL format is what you can do.

P.S. Dont install it on memory card its too slow and for your reference next time try Google before doing stuff like that

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...lling_Nitdroid

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
1.2 i couldnt find that on nitdroid project page wiki

theres only 0.0.8 on the nitdroid wiki page

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
See the link that I pasted on my previous post

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

okay do i start from N11 if i want install to emmc

Originally Posted by CaSPeRFXX View Post
i installed nitdroid autoinstaller it installed 0.0.8, rebooted and i upgraded it by this website http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/ni...xmasdroid.html after the -rm rf * the phone looked different in the menu(no icons, no sorting in app menu, most widgets dissapeared). once everything installed i rebooted...
i loaded the phone and saw grey, yeah grey blocks (windows safe mode style) WTF. i can select on the blocks and they have charecters written but charecters that are a block [].
i booted to nitdroid and MyDocs still has 4GB free, i dont know what happened to maemo GUI. Please help im so shittn it

N.B. i installed on memory card (Nitdroid)
We'll help you, but consider it a lesson in Linux learning. Happens to everyone at some point. May I recommend learning what you are typing before you press enter?

rm -rf * is the command that tells Linux to remove all files recursively, and forced. Meaning it will remove everything without any warnings in the current directory and below. If you executed that from /, your entire system is gone. Sounds like you wiped /home/opt for sure as that explains all the images being gray.

Now, your solution is to reflash your device. Unfortunately for you, this means all applications you've installed will be gone and you have to start over. HOPEFULLY you didn't wipe MyDocs, or you're basically back to stock once you reflash and EVERYTHING you configured will be back to basics.

Step 1: Get latest flasher: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php

Step 2: Go here and get the RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin image and save it to the flasher-3.5 directory that will appear under Program Files/maemo once its installed: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
NOTE: The bin I suggest is the one for USA version. You should get the one for you and replace it in all following instructions.

Step 3: Open command prompt, cd into the directory with the flasher and run the command: flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f -R

It will start waiting for an appropriate device. Then attach your N900 to your computer, open keyboard, press and hold u, then turn it on. As soon as you see the USB icon in top right, let go, and the flasher will catch it and update it.

At this point it will be back to normal once the flasher is done.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
thhanks ill try it tommorow i dont have my computer till tommorw