Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
If u wanna do something really informative and useful - carry out testing and performance measurement (benchmarking). And compare the results. I see only subjective complaints atm.
thx bro worked better after several reboots
but please how to remove the 1rst kernel (the origional netdroid one from device and multiboot... + if any way to activate whats app
best regards... about sending messages worked for some numbers in my country after adding the country code but not working for numbers on other than my country
thx again and keep going.....

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
This probably has been asked million times, but I cant find answer by searching and there isn't passwd. How can set up root password?
First you type root and then with "passwd user" command you set your password.

Thanks, finally got it installed (probably issues with a SanDisk card [stuck on black screen with white -), but using SDFormatter and a combination of other instructions (sfdisk,mkfs,mke2fs etc.) I finally got it installed properly.

That includes What'sApp, just not when on 3G it seems. Can anyone confirm it only works on WLAN?

Speed is fine too on my microSD class 4.

Big thanks e-yes and others, I'll be looking forward to more updates (my main purpose being messing about, and hopefully use What'sApp properly).

PS Phonecall itself works, just the speaking (and hearing) doesn't.

I can't get it to work. I tryied the "easy install" () and using the UMay file, but when I try to boot Android, the linux screen stop when this line shows up:

E: videoep: xcb connect failed

Last edited by blopa; 2011-05-10 at 06:16.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Tetovo,Macedonia
hahahah....I'm pretty new on linux and it was too late when I saw in other threads that I can flash just the kernel,so I did a full flash.I tried to boot into baemo pressing b,1,0...but everytime i had the same guru meditation error.8 followed every step by step how to install the N12 UMay...I made sure that I have installed the full package with the enh.kernel bootimg,multiboot and all of that but I still got that error.First of all I was able to dual boot..but that was with the stock nokia kernel,then I installed the enh.kernel v.47 edited the multiboot.d/11 thing with leafpad and saved...after reboot in the boot meny I had three options...first one maemo with ...something omap1,second maemo with enh.kernel v.47 and nitdroid 2.3.4.I succesfully booted into Nitdroid but after reboot I couldn't boot back in maemo no matter what I tried and reading I don't know how many threads with people having similar problems.Now I'm afraid to install Nitdroid again due to the previous failure.Can someone explain to me how to do it step by step.-or the moment I' running on PR 1.3,installed CSSU and enhanced kernel for power users 2.6.28.10-power 47.thanks to all of you who were willing to help me.Greetings from Macedonia!

I think the problem is the Uninstalling info on wiki,i realised that not every Nitdroid setting is cleared,my Google settings are still there and my wallpaper pic,though i uninstall and made a fresh one::,,..

I just tried to install N11, using the same tutorial I used last time (I did that successfully) but this time I'm alway getting the SAME error

"xcb connect failed"

What is going on? D: already reflashed my N900 10 times today!

Here are my benchmark results (AnTutu & Quadrant) @750 MHz with undervolting. NITdroid is installed on eMMC's separate partition.

This guide helped me to find how I can undervolt CPU. I edited voltage settings in oc-profile-500-750.conf and then renamed the file into power.conf.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
please how to remove the 1rst kernel (the origional netdroid one from device and multiboot... + if any way to activate whats app
best regards... about sending messages worked for some numbers in my country after adding the country code but not working for numbers on other than my country
thx again and keep going.....

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Richmond, VA
could someone post an example of what there default.prop looks like with swap enabled?

Tags
android, nitdroid