Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
qwerty good camera + xenon class :< i will jump on a dead platform again.

never on wp7 though
I agree. The possibility of RAW with a decent camera (no weird vignetting issue like we have with the N900) would get me back on the platform.

for all you know the Elop bi@ch might have intended this for his Microsoft dickOS...

Dont get ur hopes too high for this shitnokia..

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
for all you know the Elop bi@ch might have intended this for his Microsoft dickOS...

Dont get ur hopes too high for this shitnokia..
won't run WinPhone7

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mece View Post
(source: Zehjotkah's tweets)
There are some interesting pieces of information...

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
My hardware prediction:

Processor: Ti 36xx 1Ghz + PowerVGR540
RAM: 512MB
Camera: 5MP-Rear-LED flash (720p 25fps) + 0.6Mp-Font
Screen: Capacitive touch 4" 800x400
Internal: 16GB or 32GB

Supported media: 720p
WLAN: b/g/N
Bluetooth: 2.1
Extention: MicroSD

Here is the link: http://www.engadget.com/photos/nokia...china/#3277330
If that is (close to) truth, I feel almoast no urge to update my thrustworthy n900 for this.

CPU @1GHz? done that.
5Mpix? You kidding me right?
Bigger screen is better, but the pixel density is noticalby worse, not to mention the awekward precision of capacitive screens..
The rest is somewhat comparable and therefore outdated, but I still can't jump to conclusions yet, gotte see how and if MeeGo will fit in this picture.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Mark Guim (the Nokia Blog) says, that the new device will be given to devs first and won't be available for consumers until some time after. Their 'tipster' has said that Nokia won't announce it at the MeeGo Conference, but he - as we all - hope the tipster is wrong.

Personally - I probably wouldn't buy N9/N950 if it was using single core processor. Dual core A9 + SGX543, thank you.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Does anyone actually have any facts that dual-core processors are necessarily any faster or energy-efficient than single core? I personally think that there's more to hardware than just "easy-to-compare" numbers, and drooling over a quad-core just tells that one understands less than he thinks he does.

I still think the N900 is close to perfect, if it just had an even better camera and ovi maps navigation.
-Ok ok, I admit that some hardware aspects could be tweaked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maakoi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
What apps are optimized for dual ARM processors? Is Android or Meego optimized for dual processors? Is there real-life benchmarks on identical systems except on CPU?

I also would like to have dual-core as must-have feature if my daily usage of N900 consisted packing/extracting of Large OS images and files. Also doing some encoding of audio/video could be boosted with high power cpu. Of course Desktop PC would do all that in 1/1000 of time but still... /sarcasm

What we need is optimized bug free code. Moreover taking advantage of all instruction sets that are already in CPU and GPU. Without doubt horsepower is also needed, but quality of code and moreover memory handling are probably key issues.

Last edited by slender; 2011-05-12 at 09:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
won't run WinPhone7
Is that 100% for sure? - that this phone can't run WP7?

While I would love to see meego I do fear that this could be the first WP7 phone.

Also, (what seems to be) an EDOF camera and no FM transmitter are starting to harness my excitement levels...

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland