Ebay sellers in the UK still have new ones for £300 and secondhand ones going for £125/150 so no real change there.

They do have what is said to be a brand new for sele with bids less than £150 at the moment which looks a bargain if it is a genuine N900!

i had real difficulty in finding my n900 - only got it a few weeks ago - 300 quid yeouch - was gonna get it with carphonewarehouse as an upgrade for free but they screwed up their stock system and couldnt provide one so i had to buy sim free! arg

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Still selling for $550 on amazon.com in the US

and some ppl here complain of newbs posting without reading the thread...

are some ppl so desperate for good news for n900 that their reading comprehension skills go out the window ? Or didnt they have any in the first place ?

for the last time - its NOT amazon selling at this price.

duh

When I buy expensive electronic devices, I try to buy second hand ones. I got my N900 from Amazon (Warehouse Deals, which belongs to Amazon) for 310 bucks. The new one was 420 bucks or so (at that time). The phone needed a reflash (had the contacts and stuff of the previous user). The phone was in very good shape, just like new. Now you can find a second hand one for about the same price, on Amazon.

I bought my N900 for 555 usd still loving it

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Check eBay.

If there are no more outlets listing the n900 at cheaper price, then you can claim that the n900 has increased in its selling price.

Otherwise, anyone can register themselves as an amazon seller (well ok, nearly everyone) and list their n900 for whatever price they want on Amazon (see also: $23M book). Whether the thing finds a buyer is a wholly different matter.
Correct.
Look at this link
All the distributors are now selling this phone at that price.
EDIT:In amazon of course.
EDIT2: And also this link from eBay. The cheapest offer I found was 390$(unlocked).

Last edited by govprog; 2011-05-12 at 09:01.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
I know Amazon lies about their quantities.
They listed having 8 in stock when I bought mine; and it never went down (I checked multiple times per day). I highly doubt they got a shipment of one at the same time mine was shipped.
I'm pretty sure I saw postimgs about others buying at the same time.

That said, it's likely their auto-pricing algorythm going nuts again... you heard about the $23Million book, right?
That algorythm problem is common on Amazon - I had Heinz baked beans in my cart priced at $22, while I was rooting around for my N900 to answer a call, I got an onscreen alert telling me the price has dropped to $9!! Of course I hit BUY and scored a deal. After my phone call, the price was back at $22!

I'm not sure why the N900 price is now so high. I bought mine at $399, then a month later it went down to $349.... now this! Maybe they're including a personal visit from a Nokia engineer to come to your place of work or home to fix your charging port when it eventually comes out...

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

and some ppl here complain of newbs posting without reading the thread...

are some ppl so desperate for good news for n900 that their reading comprehension skills go out the window ? Or didnt they have any in the first place ?

for the last time - its NOT amazon selling at this price.

duh
Ah ha! You're right, it's being sold by Deal2U (through amazon) and price has dropped to $499.

Tags
off his meds