apt-get remove ....
e: sub-process returned error code 1
dpkg........... nitrdroid krnel returned error exit status 1 ???????

i got tht after doing the filebox steps
then tried the x terminal steps
still c both on apt- .... kernel
but cant remove the 2.6.6 niether from terminal nor from app mngr

eagle-eyes,where do you have NITdroid, on microSD or on eMMC? If you are trying apt-get command, you need to mount NITdroid partition before that. Here is example for NITdroid on mmcblk1p2 (2nd partition on microSD):

Code:
sudo gainroot
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
apt-get remove nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06
After that we need to umount partition and close xterminal
Code:
umount /dev/mmcblk1p2
exit
exit

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
can't connect to internet nor the ussd codes are working it returns connection error even thought signal are shown on top?

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
eagle-eyes,where do you have NITdroid, on microSD or on eMMC? If you are trying apt-get command, you need to mount NITdroid partition before that. Here is example for NITdroid on mmcblk1p2 (2nd partition on microSD):

Code:
sudo gainroot
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
After that we need to umount partition and close xterminal
Code:
umount /dev/mmcblk1p2
exit
exit
kolos
Yesterday , 04:11 PM
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 Report This | #177

The easiest way is to use FileBox. Go to boot/multiboot directory and delete vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06 kernel. Then go to etc/multiboot.d and delete item file for same kernel (2.6.28.NIT.06). Finally go to lib/modules and delete folder 2.6.28.NIT.06.

I did tht and the kernel was gone from multiboot ….
But when I did :

First you should search which kernels you have installed:
Code:
apt-cache search nitdroid-kernel
It still shows the kernel and also in app-manager the kernel still exsist

When I did this its shows tht error :
e: sub-process returned error code 1
dpkg........... nitrdroid krnel returned error exit status 1

And then remove everything else except the one with the largest number like this:
Code:
Last edited by laasonen; Yesterday at 05:59 PM.

The nitdroid is on the internal memory not on the micro sd
By the way I wish I can install it on the micro sd I have 8gb card but hadn’t found the way to install it there so I did the wiki way
Thx a lot for ur reply  and If u can let me know how to fix that and get it on the micro-sd
Also if I flash the phone with the .bin file will the the phone be fully clean from the nitdroid if I want to make a new clean installation on the microsd??
Best regards

WoW you are releasing those pretty fast. Thanks once again. Did anyone try to chroot into maemo from nitdroid and try to execute things like camera-ui ? I am assuming nitdroid's kernel includes all of the drivers, just not all are compatible/are handled by android.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but what am I doing wrong? I can't send or receive messages.

EDIT: making a call says No SIM or SIM error but my menu-thingy shows my network fine. I've probably missed something stupid. please don't shoot

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but what am I doing wrong? I can't send or receive messages.

EDIT: making a call says No SIM or SIM error but my menu-thingy shows my network fine. I've probably missed something stupid. please don't shoot
It would help, if you told exactly what you did

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
btw is it weird that since Vostok I could actually initiate a call? but I can't hear the person that I'm calling and they can't hear me.. hehe

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
It would help, if you told exactly what you did
yeah sorry Im not thinking right
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72365
I did exactly what was posted in there except I downloaded nitdroid by hand because I dont trust wget :/

if I try to make a call it says "No SIM or SIM error". I know calls are not supposed to work but the thing is it won't even /initiate/ the call.

just ftr, I got the same error with Vostok

edit: i DID read somewhere that it involves "removing" my SIM pin from Maemo. while it doesnt ask for a pin at boot I do have one set. How do I "remove" this SIM? I tried changing it to a blank PIN but it wont accept it.

Last edited by Char; 2011-05-12 at 18:08.

Tags
android, nitdroid