Notices

Having a few problems with the widget still. Sometimes I find it locks up and won't scroll through the list. During these lockups I noticed the CPU is at 100%.
Also I find the screen switches to desktop edit mode before the widget is locked when holding on the launch icon.

Otherwise everything is OK

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Hi marxian!
I know that I probably risk a ban for this. It's my first post and already OT but it appears private messages are not available for me yet. Few weeks ago you posted on AAS that you're porting CuteTube QML to S^3. Are you still working on it or did you abandoned the idea?
Thanks and again, sorry for OT.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
Hi marxian!
I know I probably risk a ban for this. It's my first post and already OT but it appears private messages are not available for me yet. Few weeks ago you posted on AAS that you're porting CuteTube QML to S^3. Are you still working on it or did you abandoned the idea?
Thanks and again, sorry for OT.
Hi krisq,

I am still very much planning on targeting S^3. I have completed work on making the UI scalable for both 640x360 and 640x480 (so it will also work well on the E6). I've been having some issues with the remote compiler (I'm a Linux user, so I can't compile for Symbian locally using the Qt SDK). Once I overcome this, I should be able to get this thing released.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Hi krisq,

I am still very much planning on targeting S^3. I have completed work on making the UI scalable for both 640x360 and 640x480 (so it will also work well on the E6). I've been having some issues with the remote compiler (I'm a Linux user, so I can't compile for Symbian locally using the Qt SDK). Once I overcome this, I should be able to get this thing released.
Awesome!
Is there a place where I can track further development? Some kind of blog maybe?

Originally Posted by krisq View Post
Awesome!
Is there a place where I can track further development? Some kind of blog maybe?
My blog is at http://marxianthecoder.blogspot.com

I haven't updated it in a while, but I've been meaning to post a demo video on YouTube, so I'll get that done and update my blog with some info, screenshots and demo video. In the meantime, the most up to date screenshots are at http://competition.meetmeego.org/submissions/3

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-05-12 at 16:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Having a few problems with the widget still. Sometimes I find it locks up and won't scroll through the list. During these lockups I noticed the CPU is at 100%.
Also I find the screen switches to desktop edit mode before the widget is locked when holding on the launch icon.

Otherwise everything is OK
I have fixed the lock-up issue, but there is an issue with viewing the archive feed (for some reason the list view doesn't position itself at the beginning, so you have to press the 'up' arrow to re-position it). I haven't had much time to fix this, but as soon as I do I'll push out an update to the widget.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
My blog is at http://marxianthecoder.blogspot.com

I haven't updated it in a while, but I've been meaning to post a demo video on YouTube, so I'll get that done and update my blog with some info, screenshots and demo video. In the meantime, the most up to date screenshots are at http://competition.meetmeego.org/submissions/3
Bookmarked . Watching YT on S^3 is a real chore so I'm awaiting the release eagerly since you announced it.
Thanks Marxian!

The Following User Says Thank You to krisq For This Useful Post:
Hey marxian one more thing for me, can you add CLEAR ARCHIVE or REMOVE ALL (from archive not from mass memory). I downloading hundreds of videos per hour and it's not so easy to select every video individually. Please, just this thing yet. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
Hey marxian one more thing for me, can you add CLEAR ARCHIVE or REMOVE ALL (from archive not from mass memory). I downloading hundreds of videos per hour and it's not so easy to select every video individually. Please, just this thing yet. Thanks.
A 'Select All' option would be nice in favourates and uploads etc...

Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
A 'Select All' option would be nice in favourates and uploads etc...
I agree, but the problem as always is where to put these extra buttons without making things look a complete mess. I may just remove the audio download button, which will free up a space for a select all/none toggle button. The difficulty is that each user has their own preference as to which functions should be most easily accessible. Take any button away and I guarantee at least one person will complain. :/

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube