Active Topics

Hello,

I've sold my device one the internet to a guy. Before i packed it i've made a reflash to OS 2009 version 1.2009.42-11

Now the guy says the phone is Simlocked (oO, and doesn't work with 2 differents operators...)

I bought it unlocked and used it with 3 operators.

I don't understand how it can be possible. I haven't checked the phone after the reflash, i mean, i just switched it on and off and see it has been done sucessfully.

An other thing the mainboard has been replaced once by nokia care (maybe the nokia care locked my mainboard with my operator and i've never noticed, but flashing the device should remove it doesn't it)

Last thing the phone has always been used in France, now it is used abroad with eastern Europe sims, maybe it is the cause ...

I know the guy is not lying, but i really wonder how it can be possible.

Last edited by miniscalope; 2011-05-12 at 19:50.

in my opinion this could happen only if nokia care replaced the main board with a locked one......you can't lock it if you flash the device as far as I know...

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Its because you flashed old version and not pr1.3. Those newer 'firmwares' modifies something else that cannot be reverted and thus it wont work anymore if you flash previous version.

Or at least i think it is that way.

you need to flash to the latest image otherwise calling and all that won't work

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
it might also be that the guy you sold it to is trying to use it on a network with an incompatible frequency

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Just to be sure ask the guy to send you the IMEI number of your device so you can compare it. Its highly unlikely but what if he had another device and now he wants to change his version with yours?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by jsomby View Post
Its because you flashed old version and not pr1.3. Those newer 'firmwares' modifies something else that cannot be reverted and thus it wont work anymore if you flash previous version.

Or at least i think it is that way.
Thank you for your fast answers.

Yes i think it's all related to this issue "Sim not recognized" http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36447

And I remember now I believe I had this problem when my device came back from nokia the first time.

Do you think i can be solved by an update over the air??

The person is already upset by scratches on the screen and dust inside the phone ( i've cleaned it though...)

I don't know if he will agree to fiddle with the windows console