Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
I can't read Mandarin well enough to post information there - could you add a link to this thread perhaps?

我不明白你说什么
This thread is the same as " http://freaxer.blogspot.com/2010/09/...-and-scim.html ", and it added some tips to switch with the “queen beecon widget”.

p.s. I am sorry that I thought you were Chinese, so post the chinese vocabulary of ”楼主威武“, it means "posting person is mighty". Forgive my broken English.

Last edited by Sunbeam; 2011-05-12 at 16:18.

@Sunbeam: no I am not Chinese, but I am on my way to China in a few days by bicycle (started cycling from UK 10 months ago, and right now I'm in Thailand), so I am trying to learn 普痛话 (and N900 is wonderful for this, with MStarDict and MSCIM!)

And no problems with your English!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Basically I got no problem. Just want is the killall problem make the conversations always reload when switching hildon and mscim

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Interestng. I've been using MSCIM + Hangul since it first came out. I never had battery life issues. (and I have mine overclocked to 1.1Ghz as well. lol) Hmm. Mine will last 2-3 days if I use it only ~30mins a day. But yeah, this is cool still.

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Basically I got no problem. Just want is the killall problem make the conversations always reload when switching hildon and mscim
Are you saying that you think we shouldn't kill the Conversations windows when switching? And are you using the most recent version (v0.0.5-2)?

Did you find that Conversations windows freeze if they are not restarted?

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Interestng. I've been using MSCIM + Hangul since it first came out. I never had battery life issues. (and I have mine overclocked to 1.1Ghz as well. lol) Hmm. Mine will last 2-3 days if I use it only ~30mins a day. But yeah, this is cool still.
If you install and run Powertop, you'll see that scim-panel-gtk wakes up the CPU very often, and prevents it from spending much time in the C4 (deep sleep) state.

If you've had no problems with battery life, then your battery life should be even better than before now.

@Xagoln
when I try you appliction, I find...You forget two depend :
python-hildondesktop
hildon-desktop-python-loader

those two package is depend by many status plugin so mass people have installed them, but I not.....

And, I have checked it work well with my MCIP input-method, so thanks.

Last edited by foolegg; 2011-05-13 at 04:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foolegg For This Useful Post:
Thanks foolegg, I have now added those two packages to the dependencies. I have not uploaded a new package yet, but will upload later today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Are you saying that you think we shouldn't kill the Conversations windows when switching? And are you using the most recent version (v0.0.5-2)?

Did you find that Conversations windows freeze if they are not restarted?
I havent tried the old version before, I just tried .52 version, I havent got conversations freezing, just I know is killall conversation will make the conversation always reload again when switching hildon and mscim mode.

Is it possible not to killall conversations that can make conversations not freeze? Conversation reload is a little bit unconvinence.

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I havent tried the old version before, I just tried .52 version, I havent got conversations freezing, just I know is killall conversation will make the conversation always reload again when switching hildon and mscim mode.

Is it possible not to killall conversations that can make conversations not freeze? Conversation reload is a little bit unconvinence.
I've had an idea that could fix this.

If we separate 'suspending' the scim-panel-gtk process from switching input methods.

A new button would allow battery-saving on/off.

I will see if it works that way.