Notices

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi MartinK, I was wondering, although the robot voice has its charms, is there an option to change to another type?

Thanks again for your fine efforts!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi MartinK, I was wondering, although the robot voice has its charms, is there an option to change to another type?

Thanks again for your fine efforts!
if you have not done so, please check out the following two posts: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=620, http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=622. It could be helpful.

Cheers,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
if you have not done so, please check out the following two posts: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=620, http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=622. It could be helpful.

Cheers,
Ah yes, right! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
You can check out the espeak CLI parameters documentation and the use it with the new manual espeak string editing described in one of my posts above.

BTW, I will probably make some of these parameters configurable in the automatic mode (like speed and and more male/female variants) in near future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Martin, there seems to be a bug in the download code....

I had it set to download an area where I would not have internet access, and it completed the download OK. However, upon arrival, the area size I asked was only OK when zoomed out, the zoomed in levels were way too small.
It looks like the number of tiles was the same between zoomlevels, can that be?
I had asked 20km range (yeah, a bit too much), and at the lowest level that I asked (current -2) I got less than 1km

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Martin, there seems to be a bug in the download code....

I had it set to download an area where I would not have internet access, and it completed the download OK. However, upon arrival, the area size I asked was only OK when zoomed out, the zoomed in levels were way too small.
It looks like the number of tiles was the same between zoomlevels, can that be?
I had asked 20km range (yeah, a bit too much), and at the lowest level that I asked (current -2) I got less than 1km
OK, I'll try to reproduce it and check why it does this.
BTW, what are you using for tile storage - files or sqlite ?
Woody also reported some problems with batch tile download & sqlite tile storage.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
OK, I'll try to reproduce it and check why it does this.
BTW, what are you using for tile storage - files or sqlite ?
Woody also reported some problems with batch tile download & sqlite tile storage.
Thanks.... I'm heading far away with possibly no internet access, might be nice to have a fix before next saturday

Using plain file storage, so sqlite

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Thanks.... I'm heading far away with possibly no internet access, might be nice to have a fix before next saturday

Using plain file storage, so sqlite
OK, I'll make this my priority then.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
ow sorry, I didn't want to put any pressure, just wanted you to know that if you find something and could be bothered to release an update before then, it would be nice. Not asking to drop what you're doing right now

Martin, is it possible to increase the debugging output when running modRana from the CLI.

Specifically, I'm interested in timestamps of when each tile is retrieved from the db and when it's displayed and any info alongside that...

This because the display on my device is still painfully slow, i.e. each tile cca 2 seconds...

I think it's somehow due to my phone setup, don't know what, but it seems somehow either there is no processing power to display the tiles or what have you... I'd like to debug it.

But the current output shows no hints that would lead me to any sensible conclusion.

The only thing that I thought was affecting it, is that I have the SD card encrypted and mounted via cryptsetup, but modRana's sql db is not residing on the mounted volume, so shouldn't be the case...

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps