Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Isn't a part of the reason of extras-testing for users to give input on what they think is missing?
You would want the final product in extras to be as useful as possible to the end user so extras-testing gives the possibility to add functionality that the original developers didn't think of.
So long as criticism is constructive it can only help the product.

Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
Isn't a part of the reason of extras-testing for users to give input on what they think is missing?
You would want the final product in extras to be as useful as possible to the end user so extras-testing gives the possibility to add functionality that the original developers didn't think of.
So long as criticism is constructive it can only help the product.
Of course we welcome people adding suggestions, I just don't want people to think that as the new version of mbarcode will be in extras-testing, that we think it's ready for extras proper (as this is part of the promotion process). Actually it would be there so people can use it, add feedback, etc., without needing to enable extras-devel.

Shame we can't stop it being promoted (and show people that we don't expect it to be in its current form) and then just get feedback (but maybe we can, if I give it a thumbs down I think it then can't be promoted anyway, I'll have to have a look/ask XFade).

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Do you have some code to read MECARDs or a spec sheet?

I don't know if the current 2D decoder handles vCards (it used to, not sure if we re-implemented it in the new plugin).

Re exporting contacts, what do you mean by this? The Contacts app can export contacts - or do you want to be able to read a QR code containing a contact and then give the option to either save the file and/or import it into the Contacts app?
Sorry for taking that long to reply.

I'd like to read a QR code containing a contact (vCard, hCard, MeCard) and have the possibility to import it. A MeCard is some kind of small vCard that is used for that purpose by Apple and Android.

And they also give the possibility to export a contact as QR code, which makes exchanging contact details pretty easy. Here's a page with some information and an example: http://pthree.org/2010/01/07/qr-code...ard-and-hcard/

vCards are working now, I'll have a look at the format of the other two, and assuming I can convert them into vCards, they will also be possible to import.

I've just had a look and yes it should be possible to convert them (conversion is necessary atm rather than simple parsing as the abook headers don't like being used in a C++ program so for vCards I write them to a temp file and open that using the correct mime handler app - i.e. contacts).

With that said I don't have the time at the moment (off to the US this weekend) so if anyone fancies extending the functionality of the qrcode plugin please send in your patches.

I also note that MECARD is but one of a myriad barcode payloads from docomo. It would also be nice to parse and use more of those.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
i have installed mBarcode but cant find it anywhere, how do i start the application ?

Should appear in the applications list, check it installed correctly by running "mbarcode" in the terminal.

Originally Posted by dragly View Post
I thought it could be a good idea to announce that a new and fresh version of mBarcode (0.1) recently was released into extras-devel for testing. mBarcode has now been ported to Qt and a plugin framework has been modelled.

Just downloaded
mbarcode_1.0.0-3_armel.deb
from
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ee/m/mbarcode/

It has some dependencies to libs that where not existing on my N900 and so it does not install right away, but that is no real problem for a Linux user. :-)

Then I was testing this program.
Very good work!

I tested it with
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR-Code
on a DELL LCD monitor.
Works like a charm.
Even with the distorted picture "Plakatwand mit QR-Code". :-)
It is a bit more difficult on a CRT monitor but it works.
I could even read the QR code from nology (member of this forum).
;-)

These are the applications that make a N900 a real swiss knife.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany / Mannheim
hi,

i'm using mbarcode for a while now and its a good app. But i've got a problem with the webrequest plugin. I just want to add a new page to the plugin. For example barcoo.com/mobile.

Now you have to put the Barcode in the input field on the webpage. This istn very comfortable.

But if you do so, the url will look like this: http://www.barcoo.com/mobile/extern_..._CODE&pins?EAN

so the webrequest plugin should use this link, but must change HERE_EAN_CODE. Is there a symbol, something like %EAN% to put in the link and mbarcode replace it with the read EAN?

It would be great!

hello
just add news search providers and:

h*ttp://www.barcoo.com/mobile/extern_pi_pins?brand=barcoo&m=pmb&pi=%s&pins=EAN