Active Topics

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
New ofonod proposed by e-yes works ok for me, now the long sms that I receive will be divided in 2 or more sms ( before everything that was more than 120ish characters was not displayed at all for me) and also the international sms (with + ) should work too.

Download here :http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/experimental/ and replace the old ofonod file in system/bin (of course your /and must have been mount ....) ; then just a chmod 755 here and you're done.

edit: long sms received are still sometimes as before (not fully displayed) and sometimes (fully received ) divided in more sms (with the length of 64 characters each for me).....no problem with whatsapp in wifi ( my 3G data only working sporadically...).

Last edited by bingbings; 2011-05-15 at 13:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by bingbings View Post
New ofonod proposed by e-yes works ok for me, now the long sms that I receive will be divided in 2 or more sms ( before everything that was more than 120ish characters was not displayed at all for me) and also the international sms (with + ) should work too.

Download here :http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/experimental/ and replace the old ofonod file in system/bin (of course your /and must have been mount ....) ; then just a chmod 755 here and you're done.
thanks for that, but may i ask for the exact commands for that, i don't want to mess it ...

reagrds

Last edited by rjneid; 2011-05-14 at 15:03.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
Definitely the international + sms work!! Just installed whatsapp whitout any problem, having a long dialogue with my wife (who, of course, is having an iphone )

rjneid: I use filebox to copy files ( must to be root and your /and mounted as usual); once your ofonod file is copied into /and/system/bin you type (still being root of course) in terminal : chmod 755 /and/system/bin/ofonod .

The Following User Says Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Beirut, Lebanon
@bingbings

Works like charm mate, I LOVE YOU :P

well that sucks. i was hoping this ofonod update would fix my problem but it wouldn't

is there any way to get some debug logs so I can see whats wrong myself?

I've searched but haven't had much success in finding an answer for this. I assume it's supposed to be working as part of nitdroid (please correct me if I'm wrong) but have been unable to get it to work so far. I've tried Internet2.voicestream and get nothing. epc.tmobile reroutes me to the upgrade page except it doesn't load I'm only shown a link.

edit I got it to work briefly on Friday but only in a specific area. Most times I can't even get the 3G icon to pop up. And by work I mean I was online and browsing BUT couldn't send messages via What's App

Originally Posted by Char View Post
well that sucks. i was hoping this ofonod update would fix my problem but it wouldn't

is there any way to get some debug logs so I can see whats wrong myself?
Google "logcat", there's some good tutorials on how to use it, it's pretty simple. Download Android SDK to get it on your PC, then connect via USB...debug over USB is enabled by default in Nitdroid. From a command prompt, then
Code:
adb logcat

The Following User Says Thank You to rb26vl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bingbings View Post

Long SMS are still intermittent for me, some come through via multiple messages, others still come through truncated at 1 message length (126 characters).

Originally Posted by rjneid View Post
thanks for that, but may i ask for the exact commands for that, i don't want to mess it ...

reagrds
Download new 'ofonod'. Transfer it to your phone via USB.

1. Mount Android (for eMMC):
Code:
cd /
mount /home /and
2. Move new ofonod to overwrite existing:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
mv ofonod /and/system/bin/
3. chmod new ofono to be executable:
Code:
cd /and/system/bin
chmod 755 ofonod

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rb26vl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
oh god, finally I found it, I'm going to try that ofono update right now !
Also, I have a question : e-yes has posted some time ago that he wanted to implement the different layouts of HW keyboard... my question is : what's the status of this implementation ? that would be awesome for me as I have a french localised keyboard...

EDIT: did not solve the problem

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Last edited by titi974; 2011-05-16 at 17:28.

Tags
android, nitdroid