Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm keeping my survey open, so fill it out and add a post with details: http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...-do-something/
The problem with the survey is that it does not allow one to change the vote. I initially voted saying that mine was fine. But, it did fail eventually. It would be nice if one could update one's vote. Maybe you should start a new survey.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by just_pete View Post
I am trying the nokia website now but after the face to face experience i have had so far i must say i go in a little pessimistic. Thanks for the reply though.
Well speaking from personal experience i have had a somewhat satisfactory outcome, so far, from their online repair service in the UK, though i am not sure if they implement the same system in oz. I haven't had it back yet but i booked my N900 in for repair last week, just checked their Repair Status page and the latest info shows that it has been repaired, my only concern here is whether they have patched it up and sent it back to me which is good and bad really - good in that there's a slim chance that they have not wiped it and i might just be able to get all my contacts, although when i sent it back to them it wouldn't boot properly bad because if they have just soldered the bit back on then i am going to spend forever more being paranoid that it will happen again and treating it with kid gloves, particularly after the warranty expires although even that might not be enough based on the experiences of people here and at the end of the day all i want to do is use it like all the other phones i had in the past .. is that really too much to ask???

Can someone tell me if Uk N900 comes with a 12/24 month warranty?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Jigzy View Post
Can someone tell me if Uk N900 comes with a 12/24 month warranty?
24 under EU warranty laws.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vampula, Finland
Originally Posted by muppis View Post
Update:

I got call from service company. They are sending a replacement to store where I left my unit for repair. Caller didn't want to say is it new or refurbished, just called it as a replacement unit. We'll see.
Last update to this case:

I picked up my all new N900 at the store. It was even updated to last firmware made by Nokia and also got new battery for it.
I'm happy now

I have already sent my phone in for the usb port breaking off, and now it happened again to my replacement...
but at least it was still within the warranty period so I should be able to get a new one pretty quick!
So I got kind of lucky/unlucky today with it breaking. It turns out I only had 10 days left on the warranty!

edit: btw, I asked and they said that your replacement phone's warranty is covered for 6 new months.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Athens Greece
Hi,
Can someone verify if the device had kept the user settings and content after the repair and was NOT back to off-the-shelf, sealed-box status?

Originally Posted by refugee View Post
Hi,
Can someone verify if the device had kept the user settings and content after the repair and was NOT back to off-the-shelf, sealed-box status?
well, having got mine back today i discovered that i still had the my screen but they put a new motherboard on and from what i can gather in this thread i don't think that anyone who has had a broken USB connector has had it soldered back on by nokia or care, they seem to replace the motherboard or just a new phone. Obviously a new motherboard means everything off your old phone will be gone

got back mine back after a long time. had issues with the USB port, bluetooth, conversations, headphone jack.... seems ok right now. dunno what wil happen again.. :S

Originally Posted by swaraj View Post
got back mine back after a long time. had issues with the USB port, bluetooth, conversations, headphone jack.... seems ok right now. dunno what wil happen again.. :S
i'm betting that you didn't get a new one then? they probably did you a hybrid jobby with your old screen and a new motherboard, happened to quite a few people

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty