Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
I, unfortunately, I still get to work the voices in my language, Spanish.
I'm going to assume you meant you cannot get Spanish to work. What do you mean by it doesn't work? Does the app not start when spanish is selected? Or does it crash after running (which happened now while testing... damn qlist.h, theres no issues with my code!) or does it say wrong directions and lead you to no where? If it doesn't startup at all, please post the run log as described in a few posts up

thanks

Shouldn't OVI map recalculate the route, if you follow wrong directions? I have to press the recalculate icon to get back on track..

Will it be possible to implement automatic recalculation, or did I just miss it..?

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post
Shouldn't OVI map recalculate the route, if you follow wrong directions? I have to press the recalculate icon to get back on track..

Will it be possible to implement automatic recalculation, or did I just miss it..?
Symbian based ovi maps are smarter that way, it recalculates automatically if you miss a turn or something like that (its a different story that Symbian isnt)

Originally Posted by jiri View Post
Dear Robert,

announcing of street names can be re-enabled easily in the
javascript code /usr/share/nokia-maps/html/index.html.
Look for the line with comment "speaking streets does not work except in english" and change the second argument to function
ev.data.maneuver.getSound(navTrans, false) from false to true.

It's hard to say ad hoc why your python server dies after ovi maps are closed - do you use my version, which ignores the "sthudown" command? You might check from the command line whether the
python script remains running and try the telnet or wget accessing it, and further investigate what's happening.

Best regards,
Jiri
Dear Jiri: Thanks for reply. I'm a dummy for computer programing. Can I use vi editor to make the change in index.html?
Best regards,
Robert
update: I've edited index.html with vi and it works. And I run "nohup ./speak_02.py >/dev/null &" send time after flashed device and re-installed everything following Jiri's. Now, python server is running without any problom. But, only last problem: POI icon and objects didn't appear. Do I have to enable something in index.html? Thanks again.

Last edited by robcmk; 2011-05-07 at 11:03.

Hey Robcmk you can also use Leafpad.

The Following User Says Thank You to yanness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Ovi Maps is working excellent in my car in the San Francisco Bay Area. It was crazy a year ago and I just tried it again to use the new voice app. Now I gotta learn how to get the voice app working.

all,

Does your N900 feel hot after about 1/2 hrs of voice nav with this setup(while the unit is plugged into the car charger)? The display brightness is at max. level.

thanks for the info

cheers

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Thank you for your hard work. Could it be possible to document how to change spoken language? I tried searching the thread but the method I found is missing some explanations and steps (at least for me).

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Thank you for your hard work. Could it be possible to document how to change spoken language? I tried searching the thread but the method I found is missing some explanations and steps (at least for me).
do you mean to use language other than your local default one?

The Following User Says Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
all,

Does your N900 feel hot after about 1/2 hrs of voice nav with this setup(while the unit is plugged into the car charger)? The display brightness is at max. level.

thanks for the info

cheers
Yea i find it quite hot too. The same occurs when using the fm transmitter for me too, so i didn't think much of it.

Regarding the question on changing the spoken language. To change things like "onto" and "street" etc, you will need to modify the html. I cannot remember the exact place and I cannot even look it up as my laptop's gpu is fried and so it won't turn on

The other change you'll need is the espeak language under the espeak tab. That will ensure the correct accent is used when words are said.

You can also record your own version of "onto" in your language and it will be played instead of said. You'll need it as a wav without the .wav extension. I sadly cannot remember where you can put it so it can be played, but i think it was the languages folder.

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-05-15 at 12:53.