Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
And no, it wouldn't bypass the lock code. It will give you access to the device. You can then (hopefully) find the encrypted file with the lockcode (or chroot to maemo) and decode it.

I don't know for sure that it will work, or that meego will have out-of-the box access to the maemo rootfs. Maybe you will have to mount it. It depends if you are ready for a little trial and error after you get meego, and on how much customization and data you will lose if you wipe (and how sure you are that the wipe will really help) if it's worth trying it.
But even if all fails you will get a taste of a new os
________
SEXXYARDENT

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:52.

okay i will try it. why do you think it bypasses the security lock screen ?
also can i do it without putting the n900 to pc-suite mode ? (unable because of the lock screen)

alright qwazix, thanks a lot for the help.
sounds like a lot of uncertainty in this plan. i will first try to flash rootfs, looks simpler and i don't need an sd card, if it doesnt help, i will try it your way.

didn't plan on this adventure today when i accidently activated the lock in my pocket, but sh$t happens...

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Flashing your device won't remove the lock code, you're better off posting in the relevant thread. This has been discussed many times before and what you want is easily doable, it's just the community may need some sort of proof the phone is yours before giving you instructions.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
an update on the situation for other people who find themselves in the same situation:

flashing the phone's rootfs DID work, now i have access to the phone. most data has not been wiped although settings are gone and some customization.

i'm very glad i was able to log in back and now i can crack the password with the methods discussed on this forum before.

thank you for your help